Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sporster lx speedometer broken

csmarine28

The bracket on the back of my speedometer along with the needle inside broke and was looking for a replacement speedometer. I found some on eBay and Bakes but was hoping to find one a little cheaper than $500 for just a speedometer. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated! It doesn’t have to be Malibu, just something that’ll work. 

Edited by csmarine28

You need a speedo that is compatible with the MDC computer assuming you still have the MDC. Ran into similar issue and decided to do the MDC delete and go with all new gauges. Way cheaper and more reliable. I made a detailed how to post on here if you decide to go that route

2 hours ago, csmarine28 said:

Thank you, I’ll check it out! All other gauges working. It’s a Medallion 5in 5 pin gauge. 

The mdc delete I did was for the smaller gauges but it super work identically. The same company sells the 5” gauges

I notice you have a different gauge panel than I do and was going to ask about that. Thanks again. I assumed it shouldn’t be much different, just less wires.