Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2024 refresh

smuurph84

31 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

i know way to early but what boat is in the que for an update/refresh 23mxz ? it wont be the 23lsv this year right?

I think it will be the 23 LSV.  It's the only LSV currently in the 'old format'.

Also of the camp that an MXZ will get a refresh as well.  More than likely start with the 24.

• Like 2

I suspect 24mxz as well since axis A24 refresh is almost certain and I'd assume some cost savings by doing them both at same time (ICBW)

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I think it will be the 23 LSV.  It's the only LSV currently in the 'old format'.

Also of the camp that an MXZ will get a refresh as well.  More than likely start with the 24.

The 23 refresher in 2021 to add the walkway and other features that now all the other lsvs have. You could say it’s the oldest of the new format so it could be up but my guess is txi, vtx, 24mxz and a24 are up. 

1 hour ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

The 23 refresher in 2021 to add the walkway and other features that now all the other lsvs have. You could say it’s the oldest of the new format so it could be up but my guess is txi, vtx, 24mxz and a24 are up. 

2018 23 LSV was based off the 2016-2018 25 LSV

2021 23 LSV was based off the 2019-2021 25 LSV

2024 23 LSV ________________

see the pattern here…? New 23 LSV every 3 years based off the 25 released two years prior… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TXI refresh would be 👍.  Interior is not on par w/ PS & CC (both SkiN & 200).  Appearance wise, would not be the first one you would take home from the bar, at closing maybe.

• Like 2

While the 23 LSV and 25 LSV are clearly on 3-year cycle, the 24 MXZ has been on a 4-year cycle. But it’s only on Gen 2 so that’s  hardly a pattern. 

2017 - 2020 24 MXZ

2021 - 2024 24 MXZ?? That would suggest we have the same one for another year. But who knows??

I do see them redesigning the 23 MXZ since that’s already on year 4. 

ahopkins22LSV
51 minutes ago, IXFE said:

see the pattern here…? New 23 LSV every 3 years based off the 25 released two years prior… 

That is a very good point. I’m most likely off on my predictions then. I would be surprised if the txi is updated to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Woodski said:

TXI refresh would be 👍.  Interior is not on par w/ PS & CC (both SkiN & 200).  Appearance wise, would not be the first one you would take home from the bar, at closing maybe.

Agreed!  At the very least the carpet on the base of the engine box needs to go. I can’t believe it’s now been 2017-2023 and still have the clashing carpet on the engine box. I know, it’s petty :)

11 hours ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

I would be surprised if the txi is updated to be honest. 

I agree.  How many do they make a yr of them?  Assume the payback calc has to be difficult.

12 hours ago, IXFE said:

Completely agree with this.  I don't see how they go another year with the 22' version feeling 'bigger' than the 23' version of their flag ship boat.  

My fingers are crossed in a 23' version of the 26....  Freeboard, step on rear seat, walk from bow to stern, gel patterns that aren't zig zag or Tetris.

Do you think they make the 23 LSV look like the 25 LSV or the 26.5?  Also, since the MXZ line is getting kind of "old", do they start to phase out that model for more of the M line?  M220 now replaces the 22MXZ with the "larger bow".  Is there a new M230 or M235 and phase out the 23MXZ?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Do you think they make the 23 LSV look like the 25 LSV or the 26.5?  Also, since the MXZ line is getting kind of "old", do they start to phase out that model for more of the M line?  M220 now replaces the 22MXZ with the "larger bow".  Is there a new M230 or M235 and phase out the 23MXZ?

Good point,  a 23 lsv modeled after the 26 would be awesome. Hopefully Malibu finds a way to create walkthru like the big 26, and other brand have in the bow. Relocate batteries and include a center fuller cushion with gator step on other side. 

When we did the factory tour they talked about how they only get so many boats out of the molds, then they need to do a refresh and get new molds.  If they've been producing and selling the same amount of 23 LSVs as in the past, I'd assume it's due.  +1 for I'd love to see it modeled after the 26.5 and not the lines of the 25/22 LSV.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sixer said:

When we did the factory tour they talked about how they only get so many boats out of the molds, then they need to do a refresh and get new molds.  If they've been producing and selling the same amount of 23 LSVs as in the past, I'd assume it's due.  +1 for I'd love to see it modeled after the 26.5 and not the lines of the 25/22 LSV.

Wouldn’t mind the bow growing a bit too . Similar to the axis t series. Keeps the traditional bow lines while widening it a bit 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I agree.  How many do they make a yr of them?  Assume the payback calc has to be difficult.

Probably don't make very many because any amount of research points to Malibu being firmly #4 in terms of ski boat performance. 

A shame if the TXI is simply ignored, they do have a few, including the GOAT, athletes they support.  The TXI is lagging the other competitors in the segment relative to a refresh.  The hull is good, they could do an interior freshen, similar to an automotive mid cycle refresh, very little R&D needed for that.  A sign they would be ditching that segment would be the athletes drift to other brands.  

41 minutes ago, Woodski said:

A shame if the TXI is simply ignored, they do have a few, including the GOAT, athletes they support.  The TXI is lagging the other competitors in the segment relative to a refresh.  The hull is good, they could do an interior freshen, similar to an automotive mid cycle refresh, very little R&D needed for that.  A sign they would be ditching that segment would be the athletes drift to other brands.  

could end up like Moomba Masters and have the Malibu Open pulled by Nautique.  That'd be an embarrassment.

2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

could end up like Moomba Masters and have the Malibu Open pulled by Nautique.  That'd be an embarrassment.

Yep, and should provide hope they still are interested in keeping the TXI alive.  Malibu is the Oz brand and Moomba is really popular so like you say, would be embarrassing.

55 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Yep, and should provide hope they still are interested in keeping the TXI alive.  Malibu is the Oz brand and Moomba is really popular so like you say, would be embarrassing.

Yeah, IDK how on earth Malibu Australia lets the most notorious tournament in waterskiing be pulled by Nautique...

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if its correct but doing a google search shows what appears to be rendering of the new 2024 23lsv?   looks like more angular bow closer to the 26 style vs 25 imo looks much deeper too when you switch between images with a 23. 

Edited by smuurph84

@smuurph84 - You may be right.  May have a few more inches of freeboard but hard saying and the bow does look boxier for the gel lines.  Wonder if that equates to a wider panel in the nose?

Edited by bcoppess23

looks like the docking lights moved is what caught my eye. who knows but this is typically the time of year a few ones pop up. bring on the 80 gallon gas tank! doing the image search it looks exactly like the lines of the 26 in the nose.

Edited by smuurph84
  • 1 month later...