Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Over the Tower Cover

Mmoorejav

Was wondering if anyone on here had any thoughts on over the tower covers. Hoping to find something we can quickly throw on to cover everything while leaving the Bimini opened. Have a floating lift but unfortunately it’s not covered. 

any suggestions for online purchase options or around the Charlotte NC area?

thanks!

I was on a Facebook page and a guy posted pics of his over the tower cover.   He just used a UTV cover to protect the tower.   I bought a cheap one on amazon and seems to work fine.  And it was less than $30. 

IMG_1285.thumb.jpeg.fe773e76a2d87fb386eb36e034fa8cf0.jpeg

01C6A74D-CBB0-4A2A-BE0B-2F12F77A1DB3.thumb.jpeg.40b12a38eee1de3c06bb27d5de340e6f.jpegOver the tower covers are in the $2k range give or take for mid grade fabric and options. Absolutely beyond a doubt Dallas Canvas is the best. They laser template every boat they can get and Michelle is awesome with tweaks, options, customs, and advice. Mine is there now for a new Bimini and cover. 

If you go full cover down the sides and over the platform at heavier fabrics, then that’s 8oz/yard. Trust me. It’s heavy to heave. Lighter fabrics are 5-6 oz. Sunbrella is the wrong choice, but for reference it’s near 10 oz. That adds up. Fast. 

if your floating lift has an over head you can follow my trick and get by with whatever weight. If it doesn’t, then go lighter with something like Weathermax LT. I used Weathermax 80 on this canvas build. 

My method is suspend some cables from the roof and leave a hammock on the Bimini with rings. Roll the cover up onto it. Hook up the cables. Drop the boat from underneath. 

88EE4685-E6B3-4555-BFAF-ECC2ACD26974.thumb.jpeg.245744593b7f8155a39d256eaefef741.jpeg

Edited by Slurpee
13 hours ago, Slurpee said:

01C6A74D-CBB0-4A2A-BE0B-2F12F77A1DB3.thumb.jpeg.40b12a38eee1de3c06bb27d5de340e6f.jpegOver the tower covers are in the $2k range give or take for mid grade fabric and options. Absolutely beyond a doubt Dallas Canvas is the best. They laser template every boat they can get and Michelle is awesome with tweaks, options, customs, and advice. Mine is there now for a new Bimini and cover. 

If you go full cover down the sides and over the platform at heavier fabrics, then that’s 8oz/yard. Trust me. It’s heavy to heave. Lighter fabrics are 5-6 oz. Sunbrella is the wrong choice, but for reference it’s near 10 oz. That adds up. Fast. 

if your floating lift has an over head you can follow my trick and get by with whatever weight. If it doesn’t, then go lighter with something like Weathermax LT. I used Weathermax 80 on this canvas build. 

My method is suspend some cables from the roof and leave a hammock on the Bimini with rings. Roll the cover up onto it. Hook up the cables. Drop the boat from underneath. 

88EE4685-E6B3-4555-BFAF-ECC2ACD26974.thumb.jpeg.245744593b7f8155a39d256eaefef741.jpeg

Thank you! This is exactly what I was trying to find.