Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help w/Windshield Replacement…!

Nelsduramax

Have a 2012 23LSV.  Located in Sacramento, CA.

Broken starboard front glass (right in front of driver position).  Insurance hasn’t really been any help.  Have an open claim.  They are willing pay for whatever the repair may be, even an all new windshield assembly.

Just a single piece of replacement glass seems to be not possible.  Looking for a replacement ENTIRE windshield assembly (frame and glass) from any year boat from 2012 to current.  Will have to have old frame removed, gel coat repaired, and new assemblies installed.

Having trouble finding an entire windshield frame.  Any help in helping me locate a new windshield assembly would be greatly appreciated.

(this has been a 1.5 year ordeal 😔😣😔)

JulieandGreg

Have you found anywhere for your windshield? We are in the same type of situation but are in need of a new windshield replacement for our 1989 Malibu Sunsetter.  Please let me know if you've found anywhere that we could possibly contact also.  Good Luck

On 4/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, Nelsduramax said:

Have a 2012 23LSV.  Located in Sacramento, CA.

Broken starboard front glass (right in front of driver position).  Insurance hasn’t really been any help.  Have an open claim.  They are willing pay for whatever the repair may be, even an all new windshield assembly.

Just a single piece of replacement glass seems to be not possible.  Looking for a replacement ENTIRE windshield assembly (frame and glass) from any year boat from 2012 to current.  Will have to have old frame removed, gel coat repaired, and new assemblies installed.

Having trouble finding an entire windshield frame.  Any help in helping me locate a new windshield assembly would be greatly appreciated.

(this has been a 1.5 year ordeal 😔😣😔)

Have you tried buying the curved panel you need?  It may be expensive, but if you can convince them that others need the same panel, perhaps they will go easy on you.

https://www.curvedglasscreations.com/

11 hours ago, JulieandGreg said:

Have you found anywhere for your windshield? We are in the same type of situation but are in need of a new windshield replacement for our 1989 Malibu Sunsetter.  Please let me know if you've found anywhere that we could possibly contact also.  Good Luck

Your panels are flat, so it seems to me that you could head to any glass shop.  They should be able to order a tempered panel cut to your shape.

21 hours ago, justgary said:

Your panels are flat, so it seems to me that you could head to any glass shop.  They should be able to order a tempered panel cut to your shape.

The front panels are not flat

3 hours ago, Nelsduramax said:

They said their only option for my replacement is plexiglass 

Interesting.  Their web site seems to indicate that they will custom fabricate, and they show several boat windshields on their site.  Did you mention that while your need is one-off, several other members here are in the same situation?  That may encourage them to jig up the needed shape.  I'm sure it's expensive, but you did say your insurance will pay....

The Plastics Guy in Sac.  Its acrylic but looks great.  Mine was a 20 year old curved windshield on my SANTE.

I gave my insurance the full quote from dealer, collected, then had him do it for muuuch cheaper.

• 3 months later...

If you are still looking for a windshield I may be able to help. I need a port side glass. My Starboard side is perfect. Just waiting on a quote for a complete unless you already bought a complete and would sell me your left over.