Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior speaker upgrade advice

wakesetta12

Looking to upgrade my 2012 LSV 23 interior speakers.  Likely just the front and the middle ones.  Currently I have the stock speakers.  I believe they are 6.5 inch.  Anyone have any they suggest that are an easy upgrade to just swap out?  

Side note, I had some professionals add another amp, and 1 tower speakers a couple years ago.  

I would like to replace my stereo too, but not sure of any stereo that wouldn't require figuring out each wire for hooking up....

Anyone know what the model is for he stock 2012 wakesetter LSV interior speakers?  They are the rockford fosgate.  Trying to see if upgrading would be worth it or if these are pretty good. 

Do these look familiar. PM262 If you aren’t an audiophile or crank them to stun they are not a bad speaker for the money. I had the full RF system in my 2010. I had to replace a couple due to foam UV damage but they worked fine for me for the in boats. I did have a pair of Rev-10s on the tower which probably drown out any sub par performance. 
image.png.3ca229727345ebb395c7b144725cc8ab.png

Yes, they are the M262B

I have a pair of JLs on the tower. Part of the reason I was looking at upgrading the interior speakers was to get a little more sound for the front, update the look a bit and have the LEDs. But maybe the performance wouldn't be much of a difference.

I was looking at the infinity kappa 6125M or  kicker ‎45KM654L

On 4/16/2023 at 9:12 PM, wdr said:

Do these look familiar. PM262 If you aren’t an audiophile or crank them to stun they are not a bad speaker for the money. I had the full RF system in my 2010. I had to replace a couple due to foam UV damage but they worked fine for me for the in boats. I did have a pair of Rev-10s on the tower which probably drown out any sub par performance. 
image.png.3ca229727345ebb395c7b144725cc8ab.png

Those are them! now I am trying to figure out the stock amps to see what settings to use and if they are good enough to power the new speakers

Those RF speakers are fine if they’re in all working order. I personally found them to be a bit bright. Or high in treble. That’s an easy adjustment though. My favorite audio accessory of all time is the Wetsounds WS420. Instant access to a simple EQ for warming up your sound and controlling your boat stereo with basic knobs. Analog wins in situations like this. 

Your amps are the easiest place to go next for better sound. I will suggest to you that the amps back in those boats were woefully underpowered for the speakers they drove. More power can wake up the speakers and a little EQ can dial the sound to something smooth and safe. New speakers underpowered will sound the same. A moving cone of rubber is just that. The crossovers with the coaxial tweeter might be a tad different. But X amount of air being moved by Y amount of surface area is the end of the equation until you get more power and EQ.