Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim step soft grip damage

Timless

My boat storage yard backed into a fence. They are offering to cover the replacement costs. Dealer is saying that the softgrip supplier has changed and that they can't order the old colors and will have to replace all the softgrip on the entire swim deck at $1900!  Anyone have advice on getting just the fold down step repaired? I am wondering if they can just cut and replace the black portion only. This is a 2022 Malibu 23 LSV.

spacer.png

If its 1900 dollars and they damaged it why are you are worried about spending their money?  They can pay to make it right or offer to leave it be in exchange for free storage. 

• Like 2

Very often, the new soft grip pieces will not match the original pieces.  I would highly recommend replacing all 5 pieces of soft grip on the swim platform at the same time. The last one I did on that type of platform took me about 4 hours to complete.