Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 SiriusXM

NorCalSurfer

NorCalSurfer

Anyone have an idea on SiriusXM on the 2023? Dealership said we forgot to ask/add it. Went to the audio shop who does the dealership work and they said there’s no SiriusXM port like previous models. They called dealership and they again said they had no idea. Audio shop called Malibu and they said all new boats have SiriusXM but I can’t figure out a way to get it to show on the screen or how do I even activate? Any ideas?

If you boat where there is cell coverage just stream from your phone. 

I had Sirius in my old boat and honestly don’t miss it. When I don’t have phone coverage I just listen to the music I downloaded from my phone. 

NorCalSurfer

I get that but sometimes I just don’t want to be the driver and DJ. And not everyone likes my music. I can get a limited plan for $9 a month x 5 is $50. 

There is a cable labeled xm coming off your amp behind the passenger seat. Should be plug and play with SXV300. Suggest running your antenna up under the cupholder and mounting infront of the windshield for best reception. 

If you have cell service you can stream Sirius from your phone. Or lots of stations on Apple Music/Spotify. Can also have Apple Music auto download playlists that are regularly updated.  I’ve found Sirius in boats to not be the best sound quality. 

NorCalSurfer

My cables aren’t labeled SiriusXM. There is one labeled DAB Box Input where the SiriusXM cable would have been.

Per Wet Sounds-

Well, I talked with the OEM techs when it comes to malibu they are not setting up there systems to be compatible with Sirius XM for there interface not sure why from what they told me it was their decision to not have that as a feature. You would have to do like  portable unit and then hook it up to the Aux input then you will be able to change the source to AUX mode to play the audio from the sat unit.

9364580D-EDAF-49A2-8D80-11883F0107E2.jpeg

On 3/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, RyanB said:

If you boat where there is cell coverage just stream from your phone. 

I had Sirius in my old boat and honestly don’t miss it. When I don’t have phone coverage I just listen to the music I downloaded from my phone. 

This is the way.  Though I only use Spotify for my music; Sirius is for my wife's car (she likes it for music in there) and Howard for me.

On 3/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, NorCalSurfer said:

My cables aren’t labeled SiriusXM. There is one labeled DAB Box Input where the SiriusXM cable would have been.

Per Wet Sounds-

Well, I talked with the OEM techs when it comes to malibu they are not setting up there systems to be compatible with Sirius XM for there interface not sure why from what they told me it was their decision to not have that as a feature. You would have to do like  portable unit and then hook it up to the Aux input then you will be able to change the source to AUX mode to play the audio from the sat unit.

9364580D-EDAF-49A2-8D80-11883F0107E2.jpeg

That black one on the left sure looks like a sirius plug

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
NorCalSurfer

Well I decided to roll the dice and spent the $60 for the SiriusXM antenna. I plugged it into the DAB Box plug which fit perfect but no dice. Nothing popped up on the screen. I tried going into setting but nothing. 

My understanding is that the bb-10 has the dongle, but the WS software needs an update (which is not available) to be able to use the S/XM controller.  I tried the same and it won't work.  Talked to WS and there isn't a timeframe for the update.  

NorCalSurfer
11 hours ago, JeffK said:

My understanding is that the bb-10 has the dongle, but the WS software needs an update (which is not available) to be able to use the S/XM controller.  I tried the same and it won't work.  Talked to WS and there isn't a timeframe for the update.  

So it’s simply a software thing, no hardware needed? 

If you have the svx300, it would plug right in. But it isn’t going to be recognized by the wetsounds bb unit until they update the software, but there is no timeframe for that being available as I understand it. 

• Thanks 1
On 5/12/2023 at 9:39 PM, NorCalSurfer said:

why not use the aux input as you were advised 

2 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

why not use the aux input as you were advised 

For me, I want to be able to tune the radio through the remotes and input screens, without having to add an external controller.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:39 PM, NorCalSurfer said:

TO clarify, you will still need some sort of hardware.  The difference with the SVX300 unit is it plugs into the black box and is controlled through the touch screens and remotes (once enabled through the software update that is still not identified). 

If you use the aux plug, you will need some sort of external XM controller like this, which I'm not interested in adding.

image.png.63a01df6904c543576e6abd5b984ffd5.png

Would be cool if you could install the xm app on the tablet and allow it to use an XM antenna as opposed to cell signal.  I don't get great cell service on my lake, but the puck picks up satellite signal just fine.  

NorCalSurfer
1 hour ago, JeffK said:

For me, I want to be able to tune the radio through the remotes and input screens, without having to add an external controller.

Exactly, I don't want to add an external controller. 

NorCalSurfer

I will sell my SiriusXM antenna for $40. I paid $63 with tax and shipping on Amazon. I opened it and hooked up but it didn't work with my Black Box as expected. 

It is the SiriusXM SXV300V1 Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJTO4CY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Ordered and picked new 2023 22LSV. Love the boat but not keen of what I'm being told now. Malibu no longer supports SiriusXM even though still has connection. They no longer support usb music streaming from phone either. Only aux or BT or a usb stick. Anybody else heard this. Dealer had boat for 3 weeks addressing this and that is answer I got.

4 hours ago, eabaja said:

Ordered and picked new 2023 22LSV. Love the boat but not keen of what I'm being told now. Malibu no longer supports SiriusXM even though still has connection. They no longer support usb music streaming from phone either. Only aux or BT or a usb stick. Anybody else heard this. Dealer had boat for 3 weeks addressing this and that is answer I got.

BT is never perfect but just turn off your EQ and sound check in the apple music settings (as well as any sound settings in tour streaming app) and it will be a lot better than you think, made a tremendous diff in sound quality in my oem wetsounds system for ‘22