Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Axis T23 factory stereo

JNash

Hey everyone! I’m picking up a 2022 T23 next week. Family and I are super stoked to say the least! How is the factory stereo? Has anyone done any upgrades to theirs? I’m not replacing speakers. Wondering about the amps and if they’re sufficient. Maybe adding another sub? Can you find replacement speaker covers for the wet sounds speakers that come with it? 

A lot of people use these dsp adapter plugs (incl myself) to convert from the stock dsp amps to off they shelf amps. The stock amps are locked and not giving full potential and power the speakers can take. By getting tunable off the shelf amps, you can really get a lot more out of the speakers. 

In terms of the sub, the stock subwoofer is OK, but the enclosure is not. A lot of people recommend building a better enclosure for it as a first step, and are content. 

3E6B3101-3589-4C8A-855E-EA350974579D.jpeg

Be very aware that changing the amps will likely void any stereo warranty that you have. The DSP amps are there to not over drive the speakers and protect the 5 year warranty on the system.

Also note that these plugs are used for 2 reasons. 1. Because the ease of installation, 2. Because you don’t have to cut or modify “factory harnesses”.

A lot of people buy and sell boats frequent and will put the stock dsp amps back in at time of sale. 

Talk to your dealer regarding warranty, my dealer said it would not void the warranty for anything other than what I modified or replaced.