Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 LSV - Surf Gate Actuators - Backordered for 6 month and counting

BigCreek

I've been waiting on 2 surf gate actuators since August of 2022. My dealer is telling me that they have had them on order for months before that. Current status from Malibu is "we don't know when the will be available". 

Anyone have any insight on this? Know a better option for acquiring the part?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Bakes drop ships from Malibu, so if Malibu doesnt have them Bakes wont.

Pretty sure Active wake drop ships as well.

Parker wont sell the one you need directly.

They have been very difficult to get. I finally got some I need, but they are all spoken for.

18 hours ago, COOP said:

Bakes drop ships from Malibu, so if Malibu doesnt have them Bakes wont.

Pretty sure Active wake drop ships as well.

Parker wont sell the one you need directly.

They have been very difficult to get. I finally got some I need, but they are all spoken for.

besides the reed switch wire issue, what other failures do these experience?  can the hydraulic actuators be rebuilt?  

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

besides the reed switch wire issue, what other failures do these experience?  can the hydraulic actuators be rebuilt?  

the control module can go bad. it is a grouping of relays encased in epoxy , i had to replace one on my 2017 after replacing acuators and not solving the retraction problem

On 3/1/2023 at 12:56 PM, Cole2001 said:

Bakes says both "5 available" and "This product is on backorder with Malibu with no known ETA". I feel pretty confident which is the truth, but I will do the research to see if they actually have 5. 

AWS says "available on backorder". 

I have heard from plenty that Parker Hannifin will not sell directly to any individual. I happen to be one of a million suppliers that PH uses on their manufacturing end, and if they treat their customers anything like their suppliers, this tracks. No bigger FU attitude in my industry than PH has towards their suppliers. 

More so was thinking get a non Malibu part number and see if you can get them from another dealer or online. Not sure if MC or tige use the same ones but might be worth calling around to see if anyone has stock.
Here is a pic of the number from another member 

56 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

More so was thinking get a non Malibu part number and see if you can get them from another dealer or online. Not sure if MC or tige use the same ones but might be worth calling around to see if anyone has stock.
Here is a pic of the number from another member 

Most likely not a non-malibu number available. 

Malibu probably specifies a certain speed or stroke.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, Stevo said:

the control module can go bad. it is a grouping of relays encased in epoxy , i had to replace one on my 2017 after replacing acuators and not solving the retraction problem

I had to do this exact same thing.  Too bad they didn’t check this part first, would have saved me 2k.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:47 AM, BigCreek said:

Bakes says both "5 available"

I would call and ask someone to put their hands on one.

I have seen. many suppliers list stuff as "3 in stock, 1 in stock, etc..." only they dont really have it. Indmar, PCM, Malibu, they all do it.

• 2 months later...

I was actually able to source a new actuator for my 2017 VTX with the intermittent reed circuit error.  Planning to replace it soon.  Seems like a simple remove replace operation.  Any advise from those that have done it?  Do i need to calibrate it afterward?

10 hours ago, Leftlane said:

Wonder if anyone would have luck trying a Cobalt dealer instead.

Same supplier, so I imagine they have the same supplier issues.