Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge 3 not fully stowing

JakesLakeBoating

JakesLakeBoating

Hey all,

I have a 2020 Axis A22 with the power wedge 3 currently trailered. I pressed the wedge down button to deploy the wedge and then attempted to stow the wedge by having someone spin the paddle wheel while I attempted to stow the wedge with the wedge up button and then again with the go home button. 

The wedge showed “stowing” and then “stowed” but remained about where the wedge position 6 is, nowhere near the height for stowed. 

I’ve made sure GPS is off and paddle wheel speed is on and the speed was a constant 5mph while attempting to stow. 

Any ideas on how to fully stow the wedge would be appreciated!

Thanks!

If need be you could open the pressure release valve on the actuator to push it into the full stowed position. I think I would deploy it again and spin the paddle wheel a little faster. Some compressed air or a hair dryer would help a bunch.

JakesLakeBoating
34 minutes ago, wdr said:

If need be you could open the pressure release valve on the actuator to push it into the full stowed position. I think I would deploy it again and spin the paddle wheel a little faster. Some compressed air or a hair dryer would help a bunch.

Sadly, tried all of that besides releasing the pressure. Even used the pressured air for constant speed  

the issue is the wedge says it’s stowed, but it’s still down. Think it’s software or the calibration is off

JakesLakeBoating
8 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

You probably have to switch the speed control from GPS to paddle wheel before the paddle wheel trick will work. Or have someone sit in the boat as you tow it around slowly.

Yeah, I switched from GPS to paddle on the settings and no dice. Next is trying the towing trick. 

Issue is it says it is stowing and then stowed, but the wedge doesn’t go fully up. Think it might be software 

besides the above mentioned, and if the "Wedge Service Option" doesn't help.  you possibly could have an issue with the wedge position sensor (not knowing where the wedge is at).  At least I assume there is a sensor on the axis boats that communicates what position the wedge is in.