Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 24 MXZ Stereo Black Box Quit

klewislx

Yes, if you have a tiny bit of DIY in you

go stereo delete with a Bluetooth EQ, 

wetsounds ws420bt  and 12v switch wired to your factory +- distribution blocks should run about $400 and you get much better zone control and frequency tuning of your system 

Could DIY it and end up ordering off of Malibu parts for cheaper, this route you would still retain screen controls. 
Malibu Black Box

Even found a cheaper one on eBay, might be worth a shot. Same model as Malibu parts, I just am unsure if Malibu has any special programming or anything. 
eBay Black Box

Edited by Brandonloos21

The benefits of replacing the the OEM black box are basically just retaining the use of the sport knob , and factory screen.

but in my opinion the 2015-2017 tech leaves much to be desired, the latency in the knob is horrible and the zone control or lack there of in the screen isn’t much better.

@klewislxif you have a 3 zone system tower/cabin/sub , in my opinion the WS420BT is the way to go. If you are just cabins, or cabin /sub it’s probably not worth it.

a quick google search and it seems prices are up on those as well $479, but I bet a little internet homework could get you 10-20%off. 

Edited by Stevo
7 hours ago, Stevo said:

The benefits of replacing the the OEM black box are basically just retaining the use of the sport knob , and factory screen.

but in my opinion the 2015-2017 tech leaves much to be desired, the latency in the knob is horrible and the zone control or lack there of in the screen isn’t much better.

@klewislxif you have a 3 zone system tower/cabin/sub , in my opinion the WS420BT is the way to go. If you are just cabins, or cabin /sub it’s probably not worth it.

a quick google search and it seems prices are up on those as well $479, but I bet a little internet homework could get you 10-20%off. 

This would be a viable knockoff if the WS version is too rich for your blood.  I ran their non-BT marine EQ on my last boat and thought it was pretty decent for the price.

https://www.memphiscaraudio.com/product/mxazeq5bt/

7 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

This would be a viable knockoff if the WS version is too rich for your blood.  I ran their non-BT marine EQ on my last boat and thought it was pretty decent for the price.

https://www.memphiscaraudio.com/product/mxazeq5bt/

Does exile make one too I believe?

6 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Does exile make one too I believe?

Yes.  Theirs isn't BT or dual zone tho and is priced kinda high.  IMHO the value isn't there.  For pure value it's hard to beat the clarion eqs 755.  The Exile is a little nicer than the clarion, but not 6x nicer.

• Like 1