Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Static or hiss in all speakers 2018 23 LSV

BigJ

i can hear a constant quiet hiss on all speakers when music is low. also music is stuttering or interrupting on lowest volume. when you raise volume a bit the interrupting is gone an also you cant here the hiss on louder volume.  but when you want to chill a bit, this is nasty

this problem exists till  i bougt this boat brand new in 2018.

dealer send me an amp and radio/stereo unit. but you can hear this hiss on both amps/all speakers. engine is not running!  when you power on stereo you can here this hiss, power off stereo hiss is gone. 

already disconnect everything you can disconnect from stereo unit. (USB,AUX etc)  also installed a separate battery for temporayry power supply amp&stereo unit. Also hearing this hiss when powering on stereo.

someone have a solution? 

maybe in the dash panel is a problem or the connection between dash and stereo unit? or this 2018 amps are junk?

thanks a lot for informations

3 hours ago, csleaver said:

Is there noise when using all source input modes, or just on bluetooth? 

All inputs, you don’t have to start Music the noise is there when stereo is powered up 

Check the connections at the batteries, battery switch, wetsounds fuse box, ground distribution, and at the amps.  All of the power and ground connections should be clean and tight.

Does the noise last for about 5 minutes after turning on the stereo and then stop, or is the noise continuous for more than 15 minutes?

Someone on here had a similar problem and found it to be a lose connection of something in the dash completely unrelated.. I forgot what it was but if you dive deep on the searches you might find it 

20 hours ago, csleaver said:

Check the connections at the batteries, battery switch, wetsounds fuse box, ground distribution, and at the amps.  All of the power and ground connections should be clean and tight.

Does the noise last for about 5 minutes after turning on the stereo and then stop, or is the noise continuous for more than 15 minutes?

thanks, i will check the connection. the noise doesn`t stop. still there the hole day on water when stereo is on 

21 hours ago, MLA said:

Is this all OEM installed or some aftermarket? Engine on, off or both? All speakers or just some?

all OEM, all speakers, no matter if engine on or off, thanks

All speakers is odd. Might have a bad blackbox or grounding issue. 

I had hiss out of my cabin speakers in a previous boat and it was because water got into the speaker wire somewhere. Had to rerun all new wiring and it fixed the issue.