Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Build Options and Their Cost

Tdent450

8 hours ago, Tdent450 said:

Does anybody know the cost to add a heater to a new build?

My 2022 order shows $993.00 for a 3 outlet heater and $727.00 for a hot water shower but that was msrp price on the build sheet and in the end I didn't pay msrp for the boat.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, Tdent450 said:

Does anybody know the cost to add a heater to a new build?

i would do it aftermarket.  m5/m6 uses a circulation pump at the motor on the “to” heater hose.  i would install my own core, vents and auxiliary pump on the “from” line co located with the core by the helm. it will work much better under way, at idle, and heat with motor off than the factory setup or the same that dealer would simply duplicate. diff is that dealer can custom the vent locations.  the diff in installation will require a relay for high speed fan and pump on same dash breaker. you may want to isolate the heater switch power and ground to the relay’s power and ground circuit straight from battery. its possible if the heater  switch ground is common to anything stereo that you could introduce the fan and pump noise into your sound system.  the relay in this set up is necessary because high fan and pump exceed the dash heater switch/circuit 15 amp breaker 

the aux pump will also fill your system with coolant while topping off from the tank without the engine even running

friend duplicated my aftermarket install setup in his boat and he said it works much better heat performance than the dealer duplicated a24 m6 set up that dealer installed in his friends a24 

2023 price in December to add a 3 Outlet Heater is $1072.00 for my new 25LSV.   I was quoted closer to $2k for the dealer to do it afterwards.  I don't know the price for an Axis.

Edited by Slurpee
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Slurpee said:

2023 price in December to add a 3 Outlet Heater is $1072.00 for my new 25LSV.   I was quoted closer to $2k for the dealer to do it afterwards.  I don't know the price for an Axis.

That makes a lot of sense that it is more to do afterwards. Running the heater lines from the engine to the heater core was a major pain in our response. I can’t imagine doing it in a wakesetter. Especially the bigger they get. I’d opt for factory on the heater every single time.

When I installed my 3 place All pullout heater tubes, it cost me over $600 for parts. Installed in 20019. Pump, Maradyne 3 place heater unit,  hot tubes and 50  foot of water line and assorted fittings. It is a better setup than factory as the tube for the driver is also a pullout, not fixed like factory.

• Like 1