Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering new what would you go with 2023 A24 or A225

usanaples

39 minutes ago, usanaples said:

OK, so just to bring some closure on this, I just send the deposit on a custom order T250 with the M6. I came in here asking about 2 other boats and ended up changing direction completely. Thank you all for the direction, information, and wisdom. I guess I'll have to post a picture and share some feedback once I get it.

I was going to comment about the walk thru on the T250 but you shifted too quickly.  Good choice.

17 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Congratulations and lets see the design!

I tried, but can't figure out how to get a picture in here! LOL

7 hours ago, usanaples said:

image.png.6a9420ec43d174372779ce0801ec180a.pngimage.png.da56a72d09cc08e534e7874773b02688.png

One observation/suggestion: consider a 17x17 prop.  Lots of threads on here, but that boat/motor at sea level means you should be able to run a 17x17 and lower surf rpms while gaining a little top end as well.  Quieter, less fuel burn, more goodness.

I think acme 2805 is a common one. OJ probably has an analogous one too

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, usanaples said:

image.png.6a9420ec43d174372779ce0801ec180a.pngimage.png.da56a72d09cc08e534e7874773b02688.png

Congratulations! If I could suggest anything, I’d strongly consider the three clear option. Having bow cleats makes tying up to a dock or any boat much more convenient and easy. Also I would add the spare tire on the trailer. Idk how much you plan on trailering but it is worth having for me. The price is fair when you consider the welded mount, wheel and tire. 

I will have to ask about the prop, but do not intend on trailering it at all... only got the trailer for resale, and because they only credit me $3k for not getting one. No idea on the timeline, but my guy got the check yesterday and send me a screen capture of the order in the system...and will let me know when there is a timeline attached to it... and I will let you know.

• Like 1

Congrats @usanaples that is a sick looking boat!  Have never seen one in yellow before.

That's a big jump going from a 21VLX to an A24.  You're going to feel like you are on a cruise liner with all that space!  Can't wait to see photos of that yellow when you pick it up.  Interior looks really cool as well!  Nicely done! 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

concur.  its a personal preference but if you've got kids, the wide pickle fork bow is fantastic.  my kids always gravitate to the front with their friends; A24 will routinely fit 4-5 elementary school age no problem.  

You can also cram 6 teenage boys in the bow of a T250.  

IMG_1811.thumb.jpeg.66e64adf9d4043549f806792119d3831.jpeg

• Haha 2
On 2/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, usanaples said:

Nice build.   I would consider the Hydraulic steering.   I haven't driven a T250 without but I did pilot a T22 without and my T250 is a lot easier to hold a line while towing and don't feel like their is a need to brace myself.  Not a huge deal for us strong dudes (lol) but your wife might appreciate it when towing you or the kids. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 11:32 PM, CDAWake said:

That is sweet, congrats! Love the volt yellow. Guess you don’t really need a heater in Florida. Ha. Any idea what the timeline is on the build and delivery?

We got it May 12th

• 4 weeks later...

Adding a new question to this thread as it's related.  Friend of mine is looking at new A24s.  Anyone have experience with them loaded down for wakeboarding, at high elevation?  Our main lake we ride in Utah is 5700'.  Trying to figure out if he could get by with the M6 or if he needs the Lt4.  I have my my 22' A22 with the M6 dialed for this same lake.  A24 is 700 more lbs but has the 17" prop and 2:1 ratio.  Thoughts?