Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

USED BOAT WORLD 2016 Comparisons M235 , RZX 23, G23

805LAKE

I currently have a 14 MXZ am just not that happy with it. 

Used to surf a 2010 and 2007 Tige RZ2. Never owned a Nautique, and spent a little time behind the old 2000s 210s. 

Truthfully what gets the best useable surf wave?

Yes there's some cool 2023s. I'm not spending 300k 

5 hours ago, 805LAKE said:

Used to surf a 2010 and 2007 Tige RZ2. Never owned a Nautique, and spent a little time behind the old 2000s 210s. 

How do you have it set up? I can get a decent wave out of mine. It’s not as big as some of the new monsters, but it’s fun once you get it dialed in. 

7 hours ago, 805LAKE said:

there are definitely tons of sub 200k and sub 100k options that'll make big waves, but if you want thoughtful suggestions, going to need more description of what you are looking for.  (price point? boat length/crew size desired? surf only? altitude you boat at? etc). 

• Like 2

Surf only, too old for the wakeboard. I really like the 22 sizes maybe 23. It doesn't take nearly the weight to make a wave. When we played around with 23 lsv, rz4 and 247 they just took so much more weight to get them to perform. I'm at sea level. lakes at 800 feet elevation full. 

for the 100k-ish, maybe late model T23. or for maybe 120k range a new Axis T220/235 or A225.  If open to 150k+, a leftover/new malibu 22 or 23 LSV

not sure what the weight issue is you are referring to, but factory ballast + Plug-n-play will fill in 5min on a Malibu or <10min on an Axis.  Maybe add 200 lbs lead to offset driver and you'll have a great wave on any of the above (especially compared to the 8+ year old hulls/boats you mentioned).

Edited by CaptainMorgan