Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A245 rumors?

CaptainMorgan

Was on Axis website and at this point it sticks out that the A24 and A20 are "missing a 5" and thus probably in line for a refresh next MY.  anyone hear from dealers what to expect?

I'm sure they will tout an "all new Hull" and weight/ballast will change by a few lbs...maybe add a walk-thru transom and move the ski pylon (like T250)?  less pointy pickleforks (like A225)? 

wonder if anything more 'significant' may be in the works; like is it time for more flow-down of Malibu features -- like the manual flip-down swim step (while malibu's keep the power version), or i'd love a storage locker (but am not expecting it).   Will they add an A265 to the lineup instead/also?

By all means i encourage speculation as i'm mostly passing time during cold weather, but not-so-secretly hoping i find a reason i can take to the CFO on why we should consider an upgrade - (un?)fortunately she likes our 2019 A24 so much its a hard sales pitch :)

An A247 seems like a normal progression as it has already been done on the Malibu side. Plus just like in the cubic inches race of the 60’s they gain a couple on the competition.

Edited by wdr
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, wdr said:

Plus just like in the cubic inches race of the 60’s they gain a couple on the competition.

if really following the automotive footsteps (in^3 --> liters), maybe they'll switch to metric and we'll get an A7.3 (meters) or better yet an A730 (cm) to really sound impressive!

I got a hint at the end of the summer from an individual that a transom walk-thru is coming with the refresh on the A24. He wasn't budging a whole lot on information since it's still really early. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yep a245 like the smaller version released last year , most features of the t250 with walk thru I was told . No new 24 mxz though 

• Like 2

that's effectively what i heard at boatshow this spring -- think T250 but with wider bow.  surprised 24 mxz didn't change though, figured whatever hull update they do could cross over but what do i know.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 3:14 PM, theloungelife said:

Any new rumors on the A245?  Heard some dealers have info on them.

We have one at the draper store on the showroom. Very impressed with all the new changes that have been made.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...