Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 Amplifiers/Blackbox

Brandonloos21

Helping a customer with their new 2023 to add some aftermarket amps and speakers. I noticed they have new amps and blackbox (I believe amp is on left and blackbox is on right, but could be wrong). Looks like they have different proprietary plugs. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams or depictions for them?
spacer.png

More pictures of the 4CH amp (seems to be input on left side, output on right side, amphenol connectors. Wondering if they have 2 rem wires? Anyone else have any images of the other amps (6ch, 2ch), this boat was spec with cabin speakers only (no sub no towers)spacer.png

spacer.png

Tower plug (found near black box). Boat was ordered with no tower speakers. Are the 2023’s pre wired? RCA plug would need at least 5 wires (if remote came with it like it does for cabin amp)

spacer.pngspacer.png

I would bet there are only a set number of harnesses per boat length Malibu/Axis. When I did the factory tour on my 2019, they were slinging in harnesses and everything else on the run. At 22-24 boats a day it didn’t appear that they would have time to custom install/delete anything. IIRC, there is a plug in or two floating around in my 2019 with “Axis” written on it. My 2010 although well optioned had a number of plug ins that weren’t connected also. Heated seat, tower lights and GPS being the notable ones. 

46 minutes ago, wdr said:

I would bet there are only a set number of harnesses per boat length Malibu/Axis. When I did the factory tour on my 2019, they were slinging in harnesses and everything else on the run. At 22-24 boats a day it didn’t appear that they would have time to custom install/delete anything. IIRC, there is a plug in or two floating around in my 2019 with “Axis” written on it. My 2010 although well optioned had a number of plug ins that weren’t connected also. Heated seat, tower lights and GPS being the notable ones. 

I know that in previous years, they pretty much used standard harnesses. My 22 was ordered cabin speakers only and still has the rca plug for tower coming out of black box. I also know that there are plug ins for options not ordered, such as heated seats. 

• 1 month later...

I don't think this is much help, but I crawled around one at the boat show with tower speakers (Revs) and a single sub.    

The black box is a WS-BB-10, and it was outfitted with 2 amps - a 9502 and a 1206.    I'm not sure how those tie out to non-Malibu part numbers now from Wetsounds.   

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I don't think this is much help, but I crawled around one at the boat show with tower speakers (Revs) and a single sub.    

The black box is a WS-BB-10, and it was outfitted with 2 amps - a 9502 and a 1206.    I'm not sure how those tie out to non-Malibu part numbers now from Wetsounds.   

Link to Ws-BB-10 Manual: https://fccid.io/2AT9N-WS-BB-10N/User-Manual/user-manual-5767403.pdf

image.thumb.png.66cdd2a3802c94fce68a4dd163c30108.png

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IXFE said:

Nice work, buddy!  You’re blazing new trails!! 

The new boats were confusing. Odd pattern of how the wiring was input, positive and negatives swapping positions in the headers. 

Not as standard as previous, boats ordered with sub have plug containing all cabin RCAs (cabin speakers and sub) and a separate plug for remote wire. Whereas boats ordered without sub have one plug containing cabin RCAs (only cabin speakers for this app) AS WELL as rem wire. 

In addition, if boat is ordered without sub, the outputs are not pinned in blackbox. Working on a fix for that. 

• 1 month later...

Just wanna give @Brandonloos21 a shout out for helping me with these new 2023 amp plugs for the new blackbox.. we were in un charted waters and just bye sending him pics he was able to figure these things out!  I ordered my M220 with no subs or tower speakers.. went with Wetsounds Sdx4 for cabin speakers and Sdx4 for a pair of Rev12hd’s then a Wetsounds 2500.1 for the Wetsounds xxx15 in a ported enclosure under the dash!!  I hav full control through the touchscreen for each zone! Super happy with this set up and hit hammers! E2B077BB-2A0E-4145-8550-BAD418343F9E.thumb.jpeg.77a06c650f06e8ca3f52062f91198dff.jpeg0176BEA1-45D9-42F7-B5B3-D8D512EA325F.thumb.jpeg.fd42f252f9aaf1a5d5e80fba76f8633e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 11 months later...
athingisathing
On 2/28/2023 at 8:56 AM, Brandonloos21 said:

Think I got the 2023+ dsp plugs figured out!

086AB337-D8CB-422E-AD3A-D96D64384632.jpeg

What did you buy and do.....

athingisathing
8 hours ago, athingisathing said:

No you will need the “b keyed” deutsch connectors. It varies which depending on how boat was ordered. Dt06-08pb dt06-08pb, tower speaker is always dt06-04 (not b key) and remote signal on boats with 6ch cabin is dt06-02 (not b key). Boats with 4ch cabin have remote signal on the 12pin. Just buy corresponding parts and pin them to the schematic.  

athingisathing

So I found out allllllll about those connectors  today once I can figure out how to post images I can help everyone understand the last post lol!!!

basicly b is high thermal and balck

There is gray green and others...

p and s are male and female metal conector type.

dto6 is the connector housing type...

I will also put up the final final design.... but this should let me keep the oem warenty.  So I can plug it all back in if things need fixing.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:17 PM, athingisathing said:

So I found out allllllll about those connectors  today once I can figure out how to post images I can help everyone understand the last post lol!!!

basicly b is high thermal and balck

There is gray green and others...

p and s are male and female metal conector type.

dto6 is the connector housing type...

I will also put up the final final design.... but this should let me keep the oem warenty.  So I can plug it all back in if things need fixing.

The "B" key that @Brandonloos21 referred to is the position of a tab on the housing.  Only "B" keyed plugs mate with "B" keyed receptacles.  It is very common for connectors to have a variety of key positions so that one family of connectors will work in a harness with many connectors.  The different key positions keep someone from mating the wrong two connectors in the harness.

Some manufacturers use housing color to help you to quickly find the correct connector to mate.  Deutsch allows you to order non-standard colors, so "B" key may mean black to you, but it means "B" key to me.  It would not be common to find a green "B" connector, but you can order them.