Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW Boat Flooring

MalibuRyan

Hey guys, 

Looking to take out the carpet on my 2012 Wakesetter VLX, as you know it snaps in and out. 

Looking to get something like a Sea Deck/Gator Step foam type flooring. 

Want to see what you guys have done and thoughts on it. Not hard to plug the snap holes I am sure and get these installed. 

Thanks!!

I used Gator Step on my 12 VLX years ago. They should have all the patterns but they still need tweeked as Malibu doesn't seem to measure when putting fittings in the floor. Gator Step was great to work with.image.png.4f3aaed8a53e58608db7f9b57e22e78a.png

Not to try and turn you away from your current plan of SeaDek/GatorStep but just to highlight an alternative idea -  take a look at my thread on Deckadence below.  I've done different types of EVA foam floors in the past (mostly SeaDek) and don't get me wrong I loved it, but someone persuaded me to look into Deckadence when replacing the carpet on my current boat and ended up going that way.  I'll tell you what, I don't have any regrets and would do Deckadence again in the future for sure.  I personally love the feel of it on the feet and it is virtually impossible to stain (we tested this theory with an injury that resulted in blood all over the new floor, bucket of water and it rinsed right off without any scrubbing at all) and the dirt just falls straight through making daily maintenance so easy.  I didn't have to clean it once all season, at the end of the season I lifted it up and sprayed/wiped down the gel coat floor under it and done.  
Its a different look and to each their own, again nothing against EVA flooring, its very nice, but I personally am sold on Deckadence.

43 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

We did the pool mat decadence. Totally agree with @lake4life

It’s awesome. I don’t miss the carpet nor do I want gatorstep/seadeck. 

My local upholstery shop that does all the work on our 09 VTX swears by this stuff too. He’s been trying to talk me into it for two years now. Even has some cool custom logos he’s drawn up he’ll spray on. I definitely need my flooring replaced so might go for it come spring.

I ordered my boat with the gator step type flooring that comes with Axis boats.  If I were to do it over again I would have done carpet or a product like what is mentioned above.  I like the idea of removing it occasionally to clean.  I've got kids that make messes and removal of carpet is my preference.   

• 2 months later...