Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheel dolly

Pm22

Anyone have success using Harbor Freight or other brand wheel dolly to move your boat?  The ones that go under the wheel and ratchet up to lift. I’d like to snug my 21 VLX in garage more for winter and debating if I can lift all 4 wheels and push it or need to invest in a Vevor or Trailer Valet wheel jack. Of course YouTube shows great videos of people pushing cars with the wheel dolly but I’d like real working knowledge. 

Aren’t the harbor freight wheel dollies only rated at 1000 lbs each. I know I bought some to move a 12’ single axle office trailer.
They are no longer usable after one use.
Ymmv 

Edited by Sparky450

I used the harbor freight wheel dollies and they worked good.  I only used only one pair on a tandem axle sunscape and it moved it with ease. On my Mc 205 single axle it was way easier to move but it was lighter too. Sometimes they would stick when releasing them and slam open, but could be they were overloaded too. I just like the fact of pushing the boat into the corner of the garage.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/jacks-jack-stands/vehicle-dollies/wheel/1250-lb-capacity-vehicle-positioning-wheel-dolly-61917.html

Edited by Jcm11
12 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Aren’t the harbor freight wheel dollies only rated at 1000 lbs each. I know I bought some to move a 12’ single axle office trailer.
They are no longer usable after one use.
Ymmv 

There was a heavy duty version when I had mine. 2k a piece?  Mine were the style where you jack wheel off ground and roll them under.  They were wide enough to fit duals in.  And they came from northern tool .

You can see them sitting under the truck here

P6240002.JPG

WP_20151127_15_45_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.2f6fd7c5b6aa7a19d226369c158953f8.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, Jcm11 said:

I used the harbor freight wheel dollies and they worked good.  I only used only one pair on a tandem axle sunscape and it moved it with ease. On my Mc 205 single axle it was way easier to move but it was lighter too. Sometimes they would stick when releasing them and slam open, but could be they were overloaded too. I just like the fact of pushing the boat into the corner of the garage.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/jacks-jack-stands/vehicle-dollies/wheel/1250-lb-capacity-vehicle-positioning-wheel-dolly-61917.html

These are different than the ones I used. These are the ones I have. And I wouldn’t buy them again for the stuff I have. Maybe if I had a car project or like. And these are rated at 1500 each. image.thumb.jpg.a8ab07846aa890319db22d8d6cc32617.jpg

Edited by Sparky450

I used the 1500lb ones and broke them. Get the hd 2500 lbs. They won’t break and they make it way easier to roll because the wheels are bigger. We use them to move my mxz every winter. 

• 5 months later...

FWIW I bought the Auto Dolly M998035 late last year to allow me to move cars around in the garage during the winter.  They are rated at 2500 lbs and roll pretty easily once the wheels are pointed in the right direction.  Using two people makes it a lot easier.  The wheels do have to be lifted onto the dollies with a separate jack.

19C931CF-78F8-43FE-8D02-320D025C2764.jpeg