Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV at altitude

vaporbluebu

I have a friend looking at a 2015 23 LSV with the LS3. Will this get the job done for surfing and light wakeboarding at 5,000’ elevation? Boat is coming from sea level so will need a new prop for sure. Just wondering if with the old 1.5:1 tranny it will handle the weight? Thanks!

Edited by vaporbluebu
  • 6 months later...

Acme 2419 throws the best low rpm surf wave I have found.  It comes at the cost of 6mph on the top end vs the 1235 that it came with.  I haven’t used it over 4000 feet but pretty sure it would be a great option if you don’t like to cruise any faster than 35ish between surf/wake sessions.   The 2419 is rated for your boat for anything 3-6k feet. Have you looked at the acme site? They have a pretty good model specific prop selecting app that might be helpful.  Fwiw I run mine at only 300 feet of elevation and it still performs great.

Edited by PNWoke