Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speedometer with lcd 5 inches gauge

michel

Did anyone has ever tried to put a speedo with lcd on a 2001 response lx in place of the old speedometer?

I have changed my accuski for a multigauge and it works but I lost my depth info in the process

if I connect speedo + lcd gauge maybe my rocker switch for the speedo pilot tubes right and both and left will act as a display switch and allow to switch from the 3 infos on the display air temp water temp and depth

my mmdc was already changed and i got now a 2009 one 

i have a 2003 malibu speedo gauge with lcd from a friend at home.

if i connect it any danger for my mmdc or for the gauge of my friend?

would you try it?

Well I finally hook the gauge

light work

needle shiver at the ignition

but LCD write “no data”

My feeling is the depth and temp infos don’t come from the mmdc

is there a way to connect the wires which feeds the accuski to the speedo with lcd. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/15/2022 at 10:03 AM, michel said:

Well I finally hook the gauge

light work

needle shiver at the ignition

but LCD write “no data”

My feeling is the depth and temp infos don’t come from the mmdc

is there a way to connect the wires which feeds the accuski to the speedo with lcd. 

I know this is an older thread, but did you ever get this to work. I have been asking the same thing here. I wanted to know if it works before I bought a speedo w/LCD. That MMDC do you have? I have the 7016-00002-01 but am getting the felling I would need to get the 7018-00002-01 which has the paddle wheel for speed to make this work. Any thoughts?