Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

While cruising, I suddenly lose all power, pit boat in N, then go thru the restart procedure, fires right up and back to cruising.

My 2013 Malibu 247 LSV with the LS3 engine.

Issue #1.  When I push the power button, sometimes I have to push it multiple times to get it to come to life. 

issue #2.   While cruising, around 3000 rpm, all of a sudden I lose all power, I have to push the power button, enter my start code and start the engine, then we can continue cruising. This may happen once or twice a day while cruising.  (Cruising means steady running, not pulling anything). 

issue #3.   While cruising a red bar across the bottom of the screen popped up reading 

service required !

WARNING

an alarm sounded as well.

I shut everything down, checked engine oil, ok.   Checked v drive fluid, both sticks were perfect.  Water pump appears to be working fine, nothing hot.    This happened several times at different speeds.

For issue 1, how is the condition of the touch screen?  If it is not responsive to touch it may be delaminating. 

For issue 3, go into your Maliview screen and look for active faults. 

#1.  Sometimes my screen goes completely black or lines across, like it’s a loose connection. 

ref #3. How do I find maliview?

I just reviewed the owners Manuel and checked maliview, I don’t have a tab for engine faults. Any thoughts?

When you say “lose all power”, do you mean that the engine won’t provide power or that the boat shuts off completely like you hit the power button.  The power button / switch is known to fail on those years.  If the boat is shutting off, I would suggest replacing the power button. If I remember correctly it was less that $20 on Amazon.  If you search here there are several threads that discuss and can point you in the right direction.

I've had this happen a couple times over the years.  Hit a big wave, engine shuts down and entire system reboots.  Maybe 5 times in the last 8 years.  Never found any reason for it and it has been infrequent enough that I can't reproduce it.

1 hour ago, CaptKent said:

I just reviewed the owners Manuel and checked maliview, I don’t have a tab for engine faults. Any thoughts?

I think you have to click “set up” or a similarly titled button half way down on the right side and then scroll all the way down. It’s there. 

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I've had this happen a couple times over the years.  Hit a big wave, engine shuts down and entire system reboots.  Maybe 5 times in the last 8 years.  Never found any reason for it and it has been infrequent enough that I can't reproduce it.

That is what led me to replace my power button.  If you still have the original it might be worth a try.