Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Depth Module Intergration How To:

DRAGON88

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw your topic and it has interested me a lot.

I own a Malibu response lx 2001

i got the same lowrance module and depth transducer as you installed

the boat was equipped with an accuski gauge which receive air and water and depth info as well as engine data ect..

the accuski fade with time and I replaced it with a multigauge

so I lost depth info

i have try to hook a speedo with lcd on the free connectors which feed the original speedo and my new multigauge.

i got light, needle is shivering on ignition but lcd write « no data »

my question is do you think there is a way to use the six pin packard female connector and connect his wires to the speedo with lcd  ( it is one of a friend actually, but if it work i will buy one) .and also the 2 yellow and 2 blue wires of the male one (air temp data) . 
is there any chance it work so I can have depth ,air , and water temp on the lcd of the speedo?

• 8 months later...
salmonshutters

I just got a 2001 response, still has the center computer and its getting hard to read but still readable. 

My unit says no response on the display. Im going to have to dig out the multimeter to figure out why the unit is not working anymore. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this system? 

Also had water in the pick up tubes, blew that out in hopes the speedo works again. 

I’m in the same boat (pun intended). I have a 2001 Sunscape with the MDC in the center of my gauges cluster and it’s getting difficult to read. I have a ducer factory installed and the LSM-3 module already under the dash that connects to my MDC however I can’t read depth in real time, only set a warning to display when depth is less than value I set for alarm. I fear this may be too little too late warning and would like to keep an eye on depth at all times. Anyone know how to use the existing ducer/LSM module to connect to a stand alone depth gauge since my MDC doesn’t have the ability to display constant depth?

salmonshutters

I think i should be able to see the depth in my computer, but it says not ready no response. Is the lsm3 powered by an acc switch on the dash? 

On 7/2/2023 at 5:44 AM, salmonshutters said:

I think i should be able to see the depth in my computer, but it says not ready no response. Is the lsm3 powered by an acc switch on the dash? 

Mine isn’t 

• 2 months later...

@michel  I have a 2001 Wakesetter VLX and was considering doing the same thing? (Replacing the speedo with an LCD speedo) Did you get the speedo gauge with the LCD to read depth and temp and work for speed? I would like to try this before buying the gauge but don't know where I can get my hands on one.

Mine already has the multigauge installed with the original acuu-ski gauge removed. All the original hardware is still there along with the LSM-3. 

• 9 months later...

No, still trying to figure this one out. Was going to start digging into it again this summer, a buddy of mine has a 2003 response that shows air water and depth on the speedometer. He is up at the cabin this weekend and I was going to have him send me the part numbers from his boat, but I'm thinking it has to be a bad sending unit from the depth finder or a bad connection some where.