Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M220 Wet Sounds Audio Package

ltroyer2

Anyone know what the wet sounds audio package is that comes in the M220? I know I have 4 Rev 10’s obviously, but wondering what model the 12” sub is under the helm and what the 8 cabin speakers are as well as the factory amps they are using to push them? Or if someone can just tell me where I’d find the info that would be much appreciated. The factory system sounds great but could use a little extra bump, so considering adding the JL 12” IB sub or the wet sounds 12” xxx. Any insight on preference there who have heard both would be much appreciated as well. Thanks

Those two woofers are an apples to oranges comparison. Not to mention the clear difference in power handling, but the fact that one is intended for infinite baffle (hence the IB in the model number) and the other is intended for a small enclosure. 

The OEM drivers are the premium model, not the mid-level. 

4 hours ago, MLA said:

Those two woofers are an apples to oranges comparison. Not to mention the clear difference in power handling, but the fact that one is intended for infinite baffle (hence the IB in the model number) and the other is intended for a small enclosure. 

The OEM drivers are the premium model, not the mid-level. 

So that 12” sub that’s in there is the xxx you’re saying? Wonder if it’s just being under powered then or what the deal is? I had the 12” JL M7 IB in my previous boat in a big box and that thing pounded much harder than this one.

No, the woofer is not that one, but same series as the in-boat speakers. 

Placing an IB woofer in a small box, basically makes it a one-note wonder. It narrows the bandwidth, so yeah, im it sounded like it "pounded". take any woofer of the same size, place in same enclosure and feed it the same wattage, and the amount of output (pounds, slams, hammers, etc) would be similar. 

The OEM woofer is not so much under powered, but the amp is tuned conservatively. 

On 9/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, MLA said:

No, the woofer is not that one, but same series as the in-boat speakers. 

Placing an IB woofer in a small box, basically makes it a one-note wonder. It narrows the bandwidth, so yeah, im it sounded like it "pounded". take any woofer of the same size, place in same enclosure and feed it the same wattage, and the amount of output (pounds, slams, hammers, etc) would be similar. 

The OEM woofer is not so much under powered, but the amp is tuned conservatively. 

Well it certainly wasn’t in a small box. I made a 3 cubic foot box as the enclosure, so it wasn’t a narrow bandwidth range sub. Wasn’t about to spend that kind of money on the sub and amp to restrict it. It sounded great and had a ton of range, but what I’m wondering is if the WS 12xxx is going to sound as good and have the same range?