Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Injector service recommendations

Steve B.

My injectors have never been changed and I'm looking for recommended service places. I'm sure they need evaluated and cleaned. Any tips would be appreciated too. I've never done this, but sounds like fun. '02 Monsoon. Standard fuel injection.

Steve B.

16 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

My injectors have never been changed and I'm looking for recommended service places. I'm sure they need evaluated and cleaned. Any tips would be appreciated too. I've never done this, but sounds like fun. '02 Monsoon. Standard fuel injection.

Steve B.

I’ve used these guys with good results. Think it was like $250 shipped. https://cleaninginjector.com/ohio-fuel-injector-cleaning/columbus-fuel-injector-cleaning/

On 9/11/2022 at 9:22 PM, Tsumi said:

Injector Repair LLC in New York has very reasonable prices and was fairly quick when I sent a set of injectors in. They measure flow rates before and after to make sure they're performing optimally.

Where are these folks?

@Steve B. I'm pretty much in Toledo and found a local guy near bowling green (east of BG) that cleans them just like the companies people have listed above, but he wanted $20 per injector.  Then I questioned why wouldn't I just buy new at that point ($222 shipped for 8):  https://inboardonline.com/fuel-injector-4-bar-ev-14-636050/

These are the correct part# according to Bakes for my 08 340 Monsoon.  You would have to make sure those are the ones for your 02 Monsoon. 

8 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

@Steve B. I'm pretty much in Toledo and found a local guy near bowling green (east of BG) that cleans them just like the companies people have listed above, but he wanted $20 per injector.  Then I questioned why wouldn't I just buy new at that point ($222 shipped for 8):  https://inboardonline.com/fuel-injector-4-bar-ev-14-636050/

These are the correct part# according to Bakes for my 08 340 Monsoon.  You would have to make sure those are the ones for your 02 Monsoon. 

Can you provide the local contact? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Can you provide the local contact? Thanks. 

sure thing amigo - https://cleaninginjector.com/ohio-fuel-injector-cleaning/toledo-fuel-injector-cleaning/

Just realized it is the same company as @BlindSquirrel used, except this company must have this service in Colombus as well.  The office near Bowling Green is in RisingSun, OH east of BG, but for another $60 I just decided why bother and buy new

7 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

for another $60 I just decided why bother and buy new

The problem a lot of folks have had with trying to buy new injectors is finding the correct replacements.  Several people have come back here and told stories of wrong lengths or diameters after buying "direct replacement" parts.  Cleaning might not be the easy button, but at least they will fit when you get them back.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, justgary said:

The problem a lot of folks have had with trying to buy new injectors is finding the correct replacements.  Several people have come back here and told stories of wrong lengths or diameters after buying "direct replacement" parts.  Cleaning might not be the easy button, but at least they will fit when you get them back.

I did read up on that.  Mostly the direct replacements were a fit but some were saying the bottom part of the injectors were slightly longer.  I called Bakes up and asked them to get me the exact replacement # which is what I bought (found it MUCH cheaper elsewhere).  Will it change anything if they are slightly longer, but stats still matchup to the original?

22 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I did read up on that.  Mostly the direct replacements were a fit but some were saying the bottom part of the injectors were slightly longer.  I called Bakes up and asked them to get me the exact replacement # which is what I bought (found it MUCH cheaper elsewhere).  Will it change anything if they are slightly longer, but stats still matchup to the original?

The issue is making them physically fit into the space provided.

• Like 1