Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 20VTX factory tanks filling without pump on

Pilz

A few weeks ago, I had my mid tank fill without me using the pump, and the pump is not running to do it. The mid tank filled while cruising slow. This weekend, one of my rear tanks did the same thing.  Never had this before and have not change anything.   The rear tank auto filled after I filled soft sacks in the back.  So it seems like force may be suspect, but again, I've done all this before and never had this happen.  It's a factory system and I've never traced it out.  Anyone else deal with this?  Is there a solenoid that prevents tanks from filling without the pump or is that just by the line locations?    And yes, it's really filling up with water and not just a sensor issue and the pumps did not run to do this.

The inline vented loop valves between the fill pump and the tank create a vacuum break to prevent the ballast from filling or draining on their own.  If the duck bill valve in the vented loops are clogged or if they are not significantly higher than the tank you could have the type of issue you described. 

2 hours ago, csleaver said:

The inline vented loop valves between the fill pump and the tank create a vacuum break to prevent the ballast from filling or draining on their own.  If the duck bill valve in the vented loops are clogged or if they are not significantly higher than the tank you could have the type of issue you described. 

This. Do a search on this site as this has been discussed in detail with solutions.