Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 23 LSV Need More Ballast! Upgrade Time!

Zippymbr

I am in need of smarter minds than mine in designing a reworked rear piggy back type system for my LSV.  I currently have Summo 850 bags sitting on top of my hard tanks.  The starboard side fill pump shares a through hull inlet with the center keel tanks and the bag as it is plumbed fills with a lot of air causing me to bleed it several times during the fill.  In all my reading goodmatt78 seems to have the best thought out diagram of hose routing for fill and drain using the stock pumps.  My plans are to add a thru hull and separate the 2 fill pumps, then replumb a new larger bag that has 4 outlets like goodmatt78 did.  My goal is to speed fill and drain times and add rear ballast for my GSA.  I am considering adding reversible pumps and remob=ving the areators.  Your thoughts and opinions are needed and valued as this is my 3rd season doing this on my boat.

• 4 months later...

Just got a 2008 LSV and want to surf.  Was wondering what you ended up doing?  Mine only has the factory tanks and I want to add sacs in at least the back, but not sure how I want to plumb them.