Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 Mxz won’t start

Theblueone12

Theblueone12

Hey everyone, I’ve found a lot of useful info on here. I’m hoping for some help on this one as I’m completely stuck. Last weekend I ran the boat for a while and everything ran great. We decided to head back to the docks and made it about 100 yards at full speed when we came to a dead stop. I tried starting the boat again fired up then shut right back off. Tried several more times and and nothing. It was acting like it wasn’t getting fuel so we ended up getting towed back and put it on the trailer. I filled the boat up and only got 40 gallons in the 50 gallon tank so I eliminated that problem. I also found about 5’ of dock line wrapped on the prop that I took off. Now it’s at home on the trailer and I can’t get it to run. Yesterday I got it to run for maybe a second before it shut off. Now it just cranks 3-4 times and quits on it’s own. I’m getting an active code for spn 65599. So far I’ve done….

checked fuses, swapped relays around, checked lanyard switch, and still not firing. It seems to me like a fuel issue so I depressed the valve on the fuel rail and there’s no pressure even when trying to start it. If I tested it correctly, it seems like there’s no power at the harness going to the fuel pump either. I’ve run out of things to check and look for. Anyone have any ideas?