Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

C&D EV Tow Test

RyanB

25 minutes ago, Murphys said:

We would need more than 30 windmills to satisfy that load demand. Though a mill is rated at 2mw does not mean it can produce 2mw all the time. 

Correct.  People don't understand that.  The other thing that people don't understand is that the wind has to be OPTIMAL for the wind turbine to generate is design output.  Optimal winds don't exist all the time, particularly in the evening.  When wind is not optimal, or too fast for the turbine to generate safely, the turbine engages a brake to keep it from spinning out of control and self-destructing, which usually includes a fire that burns the fossil fuel lubricants in the gear case and nacelle turntable.  You likely already know this, @Murphys, but others contributing to this conversation likely do not. 

So a company that leases a gravel pit from us put in 6 of these windmills. Their break even point was ten years. A couple of things happened. A few years, we didn’t get enough wind in the second most Windy City in Montana. The other thing that happened was they continually broke down, requiring an out of state crane service. They finally sold them at a loss. It takes hundreds of windmills to make a profit, even with the tax breaks/ giant subsidies. There are alot of wind farms in Montana. When you drive by them, there is always a bunch not working.

Edited by surfdude
2 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Wait!?! Is this that Tesla? Lake Berryessa in CA. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkQxgqgOU-M/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

** You need to have an instagram account to watch **

That is the marina that we have our Houseboat at. I was there. Yes, the Tesla did need to be pulled out of the mud. Most vehicles that attempted to launch that weekend needed to be pulled out including jacked up four-wheel-drives and especially diesels.

The marina did not transfer over to the low water ramp before it was too late. We were down to the portion that is extremely flat and it is just bottom silt/clay mud. You had to go out over 100 feet before the water got over 2 feet deep.

The marina was not warning people of the inadequate conditions. It was a train wreck for almost all that tried to launch.

Edited by BLSousa

“Majority” really depends on your age, political affiliation, where you live, and whether you already own one. 

Haha I bet if there were a line item for “spectators at a boat ramp” you are definitely right tho @MLBurns.

image.thumb.png.2f423c2e53f7b630fb651f79a26306b9.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Well, one wind turbine for now. And, the agreement to dismantle? Was done in 2001. They expected the turbines to last 20, and they did. They are much lower output than today's turbines.

"RWE representative Guido Steffen said the dismantling of the wind turbines was part of the original agreement that allowed the construction of the wind farm in 2001, and not the result of a recent change in Germany's energy policy."

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
Added quote
3 hours ago, Jhucke said:

Caution for anyone not wanting to expose themselves to fringe politics. Put your tinfoil hat on before clicking.

Nothing in that video is political at all. And the fact that you think it is just shows how easily humans in general are to program.  Digital currency is coming and control with it. Nothing political about it. 

here is a little light reading. Take that tinfoil hat off and that chip of your shoulder. And read it. We are all people and all will be affected eventually. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/22/bidens-executive-order-a-direct-threat-to-the-dollar/

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/03/14/2022-05471/ensuring-responsible-development-of-digital-assets

Edited by spikew919
21 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Nothing in that video is political at all. And the fact that you think it is just shows how easily humans in general are to program.  Digital currency is coming and control with it. Nothing political about it. 

here is a little light reading. Take that tinfoil hat off and that chip of your shoulder. And read it. We are all people and all will be affected eventually. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/22/bidens-executive-order-a-direct-threat-to-the-dollar/

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/03/14/2022-05471/ensuring-responsible-development-of-digital-assets

Okay big brain, if you believe that instagram page or the subsequent article links have nothing to do with politics and fringe topics, I have nothing else to say here. Yikes man.

17 minutes ago, Jhucke said:

Okay big brain, if you believe that instagram page or the subsequent article links have nothing to do with politics and fringe topics, I have nothing else to say here. Yikes man.

Can we all just admit that these "fringe" type sites have been right a heck of a lot in the last 36 months?

China has already implemented programmable currency that's tied directly to one's social credit score.  The WEF is championing the adoption of this.  This is not a secret.

*swerves the thread back on topic*

All that is to say, I don't want to see a day where my accumulated capital is only expendable on an EV and not a V8 toy hauler.  Because, as this thread shows repeatedly, EV isn't ready yet for the hauling use case.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jhucke said:

I am far from a big brain, but you can say a big heart , All I do is give the info so people can research and make their own decisions. Not like telling people not to go look since I decided it’s not true as some small minded people will do. 🕊

there is no bad knowledge or good knowledge as there are no good or bad lessons only lessons , what you take away from these are key and are what’s meant for your path. 🌀 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, spikew919 said:

I am far from a big brain, but you can say a big heart , All I do is give the info so people can research and make their own decisions. Not like telling people not to go look since I decided it’s not true as some small minded people will do. 🕊

there is no bad knowledge or good knowledge as there are no good or bad lessons only lessons , what you take away from these are key and are what’s meant for your path. 🌀 

Alarmism, fear, and misrepresentation of the facts (by both the left and right BTW) is NOT news or knowledge.

our media manipulates. Pure and simple. If you see any story that evokes any particular emotional response, the only reasonable action is to investigate what the other side of the political spectrum is saying and come to a conclusion that is in the middle. Any other action is to mindlessly succumb to the manipulation.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Alarmism, fear, and misrepresentation of the facts (by both the left and right BTW) is NOT news or knowledge.

our media manipulates. Pure and simple. If you see any story that evokes any particular emotional response, the only reasonable action is to investigate what the other side of the political spectrum is saying and come to a conclusion that is in the middle. Any other action is to mindlessly succumb to the manipulation.

You’re correct. That’s why People do they’re own research and make their own conclusion.

No different than sitting in church listening to the preacher. That’s not where you get you knowledge. You get it reading and studying your self. The preachers sermon is to spark and start you in the correct direction. 🕊

and BTW, Fear is a myth. Nothing to fear in this world. 

Edited by spikew919
Just now, spikew919 said:

You’re correct. That’s why People do they’re own research and make their own conclusion.

No different than sitting in church listening to the preacher. That’s not where you get you knowledge. You get it reading and studying your self. The preachers sermon is to spark and start you in the correct direction. 🕊

The issue is that my experience when speaking with people on this topic is that their research is limited to only news sources and friends that share the same political bend as they do. It creates a self perpetuating echo chamber.

19 minutes ago, braindamage said:

The issue is that my experience when speaking with people on this topic is that their research is limited to only news sources and friends that share the same political bend as they do. It creates a self perpetuating echo chamber.

True, but I don’t think the answer is to never talk about it.  Avoiding it had gotten where were are. 

Ever wonder why the Israelites wanted to go back to being slaves in Egypt after Moses freed them?  They were wandering in the wilderness with Mana falling every morning. Free men.  But in Egypt they had gold, jewels, homes, good food free to roam as long as they worked, but didn’t know they were slaves.  
compare today that would be cars, even ev’s ,  jewels, boats, toys and freedom to roam long as we contribute.  🤔🕊 

until people wake up to the true reality nothing will change no matter which side you believe in.
 Put Faith in No man. 🙏🏼

Edited by spikew919
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Also showing them any facts that refute their position causes them to more firmly cling to their beliefs.  This is why providing facts in an argument works so poorly.  

Edited by Bluefishcay
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

True, but I don’t think the answer is to never talk about it.  Avoiding it had gotten where were are. 

Ever wonder why the Israelites wanted to go back to being slaves in Egypt after Moses freed them?  They were wandering in the wilderness with Mana falling every morning. Free men.  But in Egypt they had gold, jewels, homes, good food free to roam as long as they worked, but didn’t know they were slaves.  
compare today that would be cars, even ev’s ,  jewels, boats, toys and freedom to roam long as we contribute.  🤔🕊 

until people wake up to the true reality nothing will change no matter which side you believe in.
 Put Faith in No man. 🙏🏼

The point of the message of the Israelites wanting to go back to Egypt was not that they had riches but were slaves and were therefore somehow lulled into compliance. They had no riches. This is a false narrative intended to validate current conspiracy theories.

the point of that series of passages is that humans will romanticize the past and see it as better than it was, and secondly, that humans will choose familiar over unfamiliar regardless of how bad the familiar is. This is the current reality of our society.

and indeed, I put faith in no man.

39 minutes ago, Bluefishcay said:

Also showing them any facts that refute their position causes them to more firmly cling to their beliefs.  This is why providing facts in an argument works so poorly.  

This is the danger of conspiracy theories. Facts, logic, and we’ll reasoned thought are automatically dismissed as being part of the conspiracy. 

• Like 2
On 11/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, braindamage said:

The point of the message of the Israelites wanting to go back to Egypt was not that they had riches but were slaves and were therefore somehow lulled into compliance. They had no riches. This is a false narrative intended to validate current conspiracy theories.

the point of that series of passages is that humans will romanticize the past and see it as better than it was, and secondly, that humans will choose familiar over unfamiliar regardless of how bad the familiar is. This is the current reality of our society.

and indeed, I put faith in no man.

They wanted to go back due to it being hard in the wilderness and tired of just manna  

Numbers 11:5

New International Version

5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic.

they also had homes, and all they needed, even jewelry and things. And especially when they left and asked the Egyptians for their gold and silver and they gave it to them.  

Not sure we can stop anything going on now. It was prophesied and written that these times were coming. And they are here for sure.   🕊🙏🏼

Hope everyone studies the Bible daily, it’s truly a living  book and speaks more the more you grow and differently to everyone. At what spiritual level they are on. 🕊

C086F14C-A8D7-45C5-86AE-6573F407CD73.png

Edited by spikew919
  • Like 1