Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Response Lxi ???

macca

Hi All,

I am in Australia and to date, there are no 2007 model Rlxi on the water in this country yet. I am looking at updating my 2004 Rlxi to a 2007 model and wanted to get opinions from you all on the new Rlxi. My current Rlxi takes so much water over the bow and by the looks of the new one, the bow seems to be higher.

Any info about the 07 model would be greatly appreciated..

Jason

Hi All,

I am in Australia and to date, there are no 2007 model Rlxi on the water in this country yet. I am looking at updating my 2004 Rlxi to a 2007 model and wanted to get opinions from you all on the new Rlxi. My current Rlxi takes so much water over the bow and by the looks of the new one, the bow seems to be higher.

Jason

Hi Jason and welcome to the site!

Did you use the submenu_search.gif function?

You will be surprised how many hits you'll get! ;)

The 07 LXI sits definitely higher in the water. Getting the bow to take water is nearly impossible. The wake is said to be softer than the one its predecessor produces. I skied for three days behind one in Orlando and I like it except for some fit & finish issues and the new windshield.

Edited by Chaabo
Hi All,

Jason

Let me know if you are going to sell your 04 lxi Im looking to update my malibu aswell through our winter,currently selling my 01 response.

Hi Macca,

I'm from Newcastle, Australia and my partner and I placed an order with GRE Marine, Sydney for a new 2007 RLxi in October last year. The factory starts producing them mid March and ours is due to be delivered first week in April. GRE currently have an 07 RLxi, imported by the factory, it is the only one in Australia. Have read a lot on this site about the new model and the general concensus is they have fixed the water over the bow issue, the wake is a little softer & flatter and the rough water ride is better than the old model. The screen is very different to the old one piece unit and looks much better for real than pictures, according to people who have seen it. There is a story & pics on the 2007 model in the current edition of Australian Waterski Mag. The people who have seen the 07 model at GRE say it looks great. Have just sold our 2004 RLxi with 600hrs on it so we can't wait to get our hands on the new one.

Cheers Ian J

Ian,

I checked out the 07 Rlxi at GRE on Friday. It looks very very nice. I didnt think the windscreen was to bad... I can't wait to jump in one for a test drive but thats not going to happen until April/May, so I might get myself a new Response Lx for now.

1608.... My Lxi is on the market now mate. I have not advertised it at this stage, just using word of mouth.

Its brand new, 60hours.

Jason