Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soft grip on Elite shield trailer

Stevo

Has anyone re applied their soft grip on an elite shield trailer?

there appears to be some sort of black adhesive caulking underneath . Just curious what the material is as I’m replacing a section on my trailer

Edited by Stevo

I've never seen or heard of Elite Shield trailers, but Mastercraft trailers use black silicone adhesive to install the rubber diamond cut non-slip pads.  Something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Life-1171-Seal-Cartridge/dp/B00COP8D7Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=2T6GKSIY507X8&keywords=life+seal+black+sealant&qid=1660077691&sprefix=life+seal+black+sealant%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-8

13 minutes ago, csleaver said:

I've never seen or heard of Elite Shield trailers, but Mastercraft trailers use black silicone adhesive to install the rubber diamond cut non-slip pads.  Something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Life-1171-Seal-Cartridge/dp/B00COP8D7Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=2T6GKSIY507X8&keywords=life+seal+black+sealant&qid=1660077691&sprefix=life+seal+black+sealant%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-8

'

sorry , the brand of trailer is malibu,

elite shield is the coating on the malibu trailers, all white trailers are coated in a linex type of material called elite sheild. i was concerned about the basic adhesive on the soft grip holding on the textured trailer finish, I did hear back from my dealer and they use a 2 part adhesive called Plexus MA300.

Sorry, I misunderstood.  Plexus is pretty incredible stuff for permanently getting things to stick together that don't like to stick together, like metal and plastics. I've used it to fix broken plastic panels, mount studs to panels, and stick plastic blocks to fiberglass. 

I don't know if I would use it to stick soft grip (like Seadek) to anything, just because I've had to remove and replace damaged soft grip very often and plexus is very permanent. 

I've used spray glue like 3M trim adhesive and 3M 90 high strength to stick down stubborn soft grip.