Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf tab issue - Max current Draw Retracting right Warning 2013 VLX

Hello,

So we went out for a surf yesterday, hit the preset and got the "Max Current Draw Retracing Right" warning.
The right tab half deployed, but then  got stuck.  Could not get it back for some time.

I tried all the usual stuff, "surf tab calibration" in the set up menu, different presets etc., disconnect the battery.

Then, after going through the calibration 2 times, it started to retract, but was quite noisy.

I tested again, but then got into the same issue of the tab not coming back in and getting the warning and alarm noise.

Please can anyone offer any help if you have seen this before?

Also, the following drive has a video of the setup menu seemingly stuck.  it happens from time to time, I can not get off the setup screen. (so two issues really).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PZHxqKpTeuXI2PP7nJKC23r8PRB4l8qE/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Colin.

The original surfgate design used Lenco actuators.  They are prone to failure after a while.  The fact that it's noisy and that you are getting a max current message suggests that they need to be replaced or rebuilt if you feel you have the skills.  https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/897692-lenco-trim-tab-actuator-disassembly-motor-source.html

Obvs this is pure speculation till you do some troubleshooting.