Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Miss During Hole Shot

RedKnuckles

I have a 2006 VLX with about 400hrs, my 2nd year owning it.  Has run perfectly until this past weekend.  It began to miss when dropping the throttle to pull up a wake surfer.  It just misses once and then it seems to run fine.  So far, it has only happened during the hole shot.  Wondering what should be my order of diagnostics?  

• 1 month later...

Update:  I first replaced the the cap and rotor.  The contacts in the cap were very corroded, however this did not fix the problem.  Then replaced the fuel filter/water separator and plugs and wires at the same time and it has run great the last two times out.  So, not sure if was the filter or the plugs or wires, but issue is resolved.  Thanks 

• Like 2