Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Many classic Malibu owners out there

photoshop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• photoshop

• 88Skier

• Malibudude

• LS-One

We are here just not as outspoken ;) , but many of members on here are repeat buyers. There ARE quite a bit less that still have a "classic" Malibu, but we are around if you have any questions fire away and they will come out of woodwork.

Yes.gif

I had an '89 Sunsetter. Sold it to get my '04. Like Ramman17 said, lots of repeat buyers and experience with the older boat. If you have any questions about it someone here most likely has the answer. Welcome to the crew, tell us more about yourself. Location, family, pics, etc.

Edited by mbwagoner

I have only had my Malibu a short time I had a correct craft before that.I am a pro photographer with 2 kids my home lake is pickwick and I live in Tupelo MS birthplace of Elvis.When I have to tow my Malibu I tow it with a 2500 with a 6.0.I am hoping to make my Malibu as reliable as my other boat is there anything I should look for other than just keeping the fluids full and watching the impeller?

Thanks

Jeff

1st bu for me is my loved and restored 93 echelon

welcome to the site and yes you will find a wealth of knowledge in these parts.

Edited by danadog

1987 Malibu Skier here, 20 years old and going strong. Did the vinyl last year, gel is in great shape, engine is strong, floor is solid (have only had to repair & remount the drivers seat). very happy with it. Will probably have it for even a few more years.

All original, although I have rebuilt the seat base for the observer's seat, and replaced the access door. It's got between 1000 and 1100 hours. The hour meter stopped working 2 summers ago at 985, and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

I had an '88 Sunsetter before my VLX. Great boat, never any issues.

f_boat_desc--524_647.jpg

Midnight blue/ gray colors, the Titan I tower, and no decals kept the boat from looking dated. The only things that gave away here age was the square windshield and the upholstory styling.

I love my '93 Echelon LX. It is a great boat and has treated me very well over the years.

P7040127.jpg

You should change your screen name to Roughwater-Echelon. ROFL.gif Time to pack it in when the sailboats come out.

Edited by LS-One

I love my '93 Echelon LX. It is a great boat and has treated me very well over the years.

P7040127.jpg

You should change your screen name to Roughwater-Echelon. ROFL.gif Time to pack it in when the sailboats come out.

Yeah after I posted the image I should have mentioned that you can see my 1977 Hobie 16 in the background. Life is great on the water, ski when you have glass and fly a hull when you have white caps!

'86 Malibu Skier here. Just got it a couple of months ago, looking forward to this season. I've learned a lot by doing the regular stuff you'd do when you purchase a used <insert hobby/item of passion here>. I'm still learning everyday, but I'll chime in anytime I can.

Rg

What defines classic? 10, 15, 20 years?

That’s a good question. To define simply by years doesn’t compute to me as a ’95 Sunsetter , possibly a classic, but on the other hand they still essentially make the same boat in the i-ride just been updated a bit. So maybe classics should be models no longer produced or when the model is so drastically changed the previous is no a classic in itself? To me the Skier/Euro/Flight craft/Sunsetter/Echelon are definitely classics without a doubt while, the SLXI or Sportsters would be runners up.

I have to think classic would be over 10 years at least. I do enjoy looking at all the pics of your guys older boats I will post a pic of mine when I get to the end of my wet sand and polish project.

Thanks

Jeff

'86 skier here -- or is that "there" since I keep my boat 4 hrs away. Biggrin.gif I've done all work on it, up to now. No pictures avaliable on this computer.