Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steering Wheel Snobs T250

Well I managed to change my steering wheel but it certainly was a pain in the a**!  I wanted to get rid of that misshapen wheel that they give us on these boats, drove me crazy

Bought the Isotta Carlotta Steering wheel, after trying to get different Isotta wheels to no avail.

It's a gorgeous wheel , made out of billet aluminium

carlotta.jpg

What was a pain in the a**, is that my dealership told me that the wheel used a 3/4" tapered shaft for the hub, turns out, at least on my boat, it's a splined shaft.  Now i'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that I've got hydraulic steering, maybe others can chime in on this, but mine is splined.

20220701-203600.jpg

The big problem is finding a splined hub.... next to impossible.

The next problem is the Malibu hub and wheel that they ship this boat with come with a nardi bolt pattern, 6 x 74 mm, whereas most of the wheels in the world use a Momo pattern of 6 x 70mm

As I could not find a splined Hub, i decided to use the existing one an just put in an adapter

I found this one at NRG

https://getnrg.com/collections/hub-accessories/products/srk-500

SRK-500BK-01-780x700_900x.jpg?v=16070275

Kept the OEM hub, attached the spacer/adapter and realized that the M6 Bolts used to attach to the Nardi pattern original hub don't fit in the holes made on the NRG spacer.  You think they would know that an M6 socket cap screw has a 10mm head as standard, nope they made the holes for the bolts 9.5 mm, so I had to drill those out to 10mm, then I could attach the Hub

Finally I've got a nice wheel which is ROUND!

20220707-184135.jpg

Edited by Maas
  • Like 3