Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plug and Play on 21 VLX

thorsen

We just bought a new to us 2021 VLX with 65 hrs. We are new to surf boats, came from a Searay inboard outboard. Put the boat in the other day tried fooling around with some of the presets and notice that the plug and play bags are not filling when the internal ballasts are, am I missing something? A valve that I need to open? Something on the screen I’m missing?

Any help would be appreciated 

The hard tanks below the floor fill first and then the overflow fills the plug and play bag. Same pump fills both on each side. You have to run the ballast long enough to have bag start to fill. . Once bag is full the overflow will drain out of side of boat. 

So by hitting a preset like left surf- where it fills automatically , then it won’t fill the plug and play ? U have to do it manually?

Just hit “fill all” on the ballast screen and let it go.  The pumps may stop when the tanks show 100% on the screen.  Just select the rear tanks and press fill again, the bags will start filling then as the water overflows from the hard tank to the bag as Bagar stated

there are no sensors in the bags, so the computer only knows what the sending unit says, which is in the tanks.  100% on the screen only accounts for what is in the tanks.

Yeah, the bags are an optional accessory so the programming assumes they aren’t installed.  Also, depending on how much crew you have it wouldn’t be wise/safe for them to fill up automatically - you might have a full boat of adults and not need the extra weight afterall.  For safety reasons the programming is such that it requires an additional command from the captain to fill the pnp’s.  That’s what was told to me by the dealer when I asked them to adjust that feature to assume the bags are installed.  Once the bags are full they’ll start draining out the sides as if you were in drain mode and that’s your Q to hit stop all.  Nice boat btw and once you get used to it I’m sure you will love it like the rest of us love our Bu’s.

Just another note on this. Watch the bags fill, you will need to bleed the air out as the fill or they balloon up. It takes time to fill and my port side fills faster so don’t expect them to match. Totally worth it though. 

I asked on a different thread how to tap into the hard tank air bleed to not manually do it because after this week surfing, we won’t ever take bags out!