Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommend a tower mirror arm

Nitrousbird

I am replacing my Skylon Swoop with a Roswell Aviator Pro due to this incident:

I need a new mirror arm for a 2-point tower as my 4-point arm won't work.  I do not like windshield mounted arms.  Tube diameter is 2 3/8" on the left and right upper sides of the tower and 3" for the center section.  I'd like to reuse my mirror but not a requirement.  Prefer black but aluminum finish okay.  Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new tower installed this weekend.  Due to the width, the upper area is ONLY 3", which limits my tower mirror options.  

Appears the G3 tower is a 3" diameter.  The problem is the distance, as the G3 angles way more forward than my new tower, so the mirror arm will be too short.  I need a 3" mirror arm that is much longer to compensate.

Let us know if you solve this in a satisfactory manner.  IMHO mirror arms are only good on 4 pt towers where the mirror can be adjusted to be in front of the windshield.  Even on a G3 tower the G3 arm puts the mirror too close to my face for *my* comfort.  LOL probably my "old eyes."  If you are close to needing progressive lenses or readers, you know what I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Let us know if you solve this in a satisfactory manner.  IMHO mirror arms are only good on 4 pt towers where the mirror can be adjusted to be in front of the windshield.  Even on a G3 tower the G3 arm puts the mirror too close to my face for *my* comfort.  LOL probably my "old eyes."  If you are close to needing progressive lenses or readers, you know what I'm talking about.

I just hit up the eye doctor last week...still don't need glasses at 43, thankfully.  I have some decent seat time behind a 247 with the Illusion tower and a tower mounted mirror and liked it.  My old 4-point tower also had one.  I used to have a windshield mounted mirror but I wasn't a fan.  I think I still have the bracket so I'll be going back to it temporarily until I can find a tower mount.

Yeah I loved the arm on our 4 point tower a few boats ago.  But all of the "over your shoulder" arms put the mirror too close to my face for comfort.  If there were an "extra long" option, I might consider it.  Or even run the mirror arm on the other side of the tower if the mirror angle could cooperate.

I've gotten used to running the mirror on the windshield, but clamped to the observer's side.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, shawndoggy said:

Yeah I loved the arm on our 4 point tower a few boats ago.  But all of the "over your shoulder" arms put the mirror too close to my face for comfort.  If there were an "extra long" option, I might consider it.  Or even run the mirror arm on the other side of the tower if the mirror angle could cooperate.

I've gotten used to running the mirror on the windshield, but clamped to the observer's side.

I am about to move mine to the observer side on mine. When I had a 4 point tower I had my mirror on the observer side and loved it. 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, Nitrousbird said:

Got my new tower installed this weekend.  Due to the width, the upper area is ONLY 3", which limits my tower mirror options.  

Appears the G3 tower is a 3" diameter.  The problem is the distance, as the G3 angles way more forward than my new tower, so the mirror arm will be too short.  I need a 3" mirror arm that is much longer to compensate.

Look up NiceRack tower arms. I love mine.image.png.a8f1889d40c54c040bbe510b7204eb9f.pngHas a release button then swing it straight back and up to click in stored position.