Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a new wake surf board

Delpiero

12 hours ago, Delpiero said:

Hi,
I am looking for a new wake surf board that is in the middle of the two that I own.
I feel like the speedster is for beginners and the matrix is for pros..
what do you guys recommend?

https://www.evo.com/outlet/wakesurf-boards/hyperlite-speedster-board-2021
https://www.evo.com/outlet/wakesurf-boards/phase-five-matrix-board

IMO, Phase 5 Model X would be a good in between board..  It is a 3 fin setup but it is still a fairly fast board.  Put different fins in it or remove fins and it can be as challenging of a board as you want it to be.

2 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

IMO, Phase 5 Model X would be a good in between board..  It is a 3 fin setup but it is still a fairly fast board.  Put different fins in it or remove fins and it can be as challenging of a board as you want it to be.

I second that . Just got a model X this season  to add to the too many that we already have . It has become a favorite. Dealer said it’s the one they take on all demos from beginners to experts . My daughter who surfs a lib tech air n , took some getting use to it because it’s faster , my son who likes the matrix was able to turn and slash more in the tri fin set up . I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m too big technically for it so I’ll keep riding what are mine . I bought it specifically for the wide range of friends we have come on the boat , the family all have their favorites but this is already displacing some of the old favs