Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

98 Sunsetter LX Stock Speaker Upgrade

GingerSkier

GingerSkier

Hi, all!

I will soon be purchasing a ‘98 Sunsetter LX with stock speakers so far as I can tell. I am looking to upgrade the sound system and probably add a couple speaker to the front seating area underneath the seats and also potentially add speakers to a tower that has yet to be installed. Without spending a ton of money, what system would you guys recommend so far as speakers, subs, and amps go? If any of what I’ve suggested so far as additional speakers go seems off, feel free to suggest alternatives. I’m not trying to be the obnoxious one on the lake by any means, but I would like a nice sounding, not underpowered sound system.

Thanks in advance! 

It may stretch the budget, but I would suggest a pair of at least an 8" tower speakers over 6.5". I prefer the warmer sound. A bridged 4 chnl is a very budget friendly way to get proper wattage for a pair fo tower speakers. 

For 3 pair of cabin speakers and mild subwoofer setup, a 5 channel is a great way to go. Less space, power cabling and circuit protection. Some can even signal all 5 chnl with only a single RCA pair for input. This can be a benefit with head units that have limited pre-amp outputs.