Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 MXZ 22 Factory Sub Standard?

GaHamma78

I am Purchasing a 2012 Malibu MXZ 22 today and from the pics it would appear there is no subwoofer by the drivers feet. Is it common for the boat to have all the other Rockford Fosgate in boat speakers including 4 tower speakers but no sub?

Yes, the sub/amp combo was an option.

consider yourself lucky you can put a much better woofer and box combo that you would have received with the OEM woofer.

there are numerous stereo build threads for that generation of boat. If i recall correctly you should be able to use a   Q-bomb prefab box in that location easily.

7 minutes ago, GaHamma78 said:

I am Purchasing a 2012 Malibu MXZ 22 today and from the pics it would appear there is no subwoofer by the drivers feet. Is it common for the boat to have all the other Rockford Fosgate in boat speakers including 4 tower speakers but no sub?

Yes,

remove the carpeted kick panel and put a measuring tape in there to figure out your dimension restrictions.

most of these boxes needed to be propped up an inch or two because of the ballast hoses going into the subfloor.

also if you have a heater, that may factor in to where the box sits.