Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 VLX Tracking Fin Damage....

I noticed today after getting the boat ready to ship to its new home in Vegas that my front tracking fin has a ding in the front of it. Almost looks like somebody took a chisel to the front of it, I checked the bolts and looked for any damage to the hull. I found nothing wrong with the bolts or the surrounding portion of the hull. I would think that something that could do that much damage to the tracking fin, I would see some sort problem on the hull. I guess I consider myself lucky, but unclear on how it happened. I guess my question is has anyone every experienced this? :unsure:

I will take a picture later see everyone can see what I am talking about.

HPIM0707.jpg

Edited by Daman
Did it ever hit the trailer? Is there a matching ding on the trailer frame?

I checked that as well and found nothing on the trailer. I am perplexed, I am going to contact the dealer tomorrow.

From the pic it looks like it was worn in there. Seems like a ding from a hit would have the displaced metal around the edges of the ding. :unsure:

Looks like it hit the angle iron on a trailer. When I bought my 2004 VLX, they had it on a very expensive trailer that was all tricked out and I opted for the "standard" trailer - so they swaped trailers. Your fin could have been damaged in a similar move by the dealer.