Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfing with the new Floating wedge

smedman

07 has a new manual wedge, no locking in place for the lowered postion. The movement of the boat forces it into postion rather than locking it. It only locks in the up postion, for trailering or not using.

To answer the main question, "yes".

07 has a new manual wedge, no locking in place for the lowered postion. The movement of the boat forces it into postion rather than locking it. It only locks in the up postion, for trailering or not using.

OK - Daman -- tell us the details - how was it? What boat?

What is a "floating" wedge?

As opposed to "maual" or "power".

So now there are 3 choices?

Brad - where ya been dude.. we've only been yappin about this one for some time - can't believe you could have missed *that* thread Tease2.gif

What is a "floating" wedge?

As opposed to "maual" or "power".

So now there are 3 choices?

Brad - where ya been dude.. we've only been yappin about this one for some time - can't believe you could have missed *that* thread Tease2.gif

I was thinking the same thing! We have only been talking about it non-stop for the last month or two Crazy.gif

I can see it now:

OPTION LIST FOR 2008 -

1. Manual 'Floating' Wedge - Standard

2. Power Wedge - Optional

3. Power Wedge with 'Floating' capability - Optional

funny - everyone seems to know about it except for those of us with our heads in the sand but nobody seems to be able to answer the question - Has anyone surfed with it?

funny - everyone seems to know about it except for those of us with our heads in the sand but nobody seems to be able to answer the question - Has anyone surfed with it?
If anyone had...I'm thinking they would have said so by now. :Doh:

Shouldn't be too long before some boats equipped with them start hitting the water though. :)

I'm hoping to get a boat out with one as soon as the current cold spell breaks. As soon as we do I'll post some pictures and video of various weight and speed configurations.

I haven't surfed with the new wedge.... However, I do trailer my boat with the manual wedge in the down position, because it is less stress bouncing on the wedge hardware while driving down the road with the wedge in the up position.