Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hammerhead Crank Sensor

Crank Position Sensor Indmar 55-6293 for a 09 Hammerhead. Anyone find a GM part number for this that worked? $240 USD for this part is ridiculous...

• 3 weeks later...

So, for anyone else in a similar predicament, I found a Sierra part # - Sierra International 18-7556 that was significantly cheaper than the 'Indmar' and worked like a charm.

I have to also add - I was quite disappointed in the effectiveness of the Riva Diacom software. I purchased the full kit and connected it but it could not tell me anything about a crank sensor - didn't seem to show up in the sensors available to display in Diacom and Riva's comment was that it's all up to Indmar on what they give access to. This may be valid but it would be nice to know this before making the buy.

I should have saved the $1000 and just stuck to digital meter and test light which is what ended up narrowing down and pretty much pin pointing my problem.

I had to use the maintenance manual from the Indmar MEFI 5 series for the manual diagnostics/testing flow as for some reason the manual for the MEFI 6 does not have the manual diagnotics flow in it.