Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Assistance with build details for older boat (1992)

DoubleASD

Hello all, 

Spoke with Malibu this morning, and they informed me that they would be unable to provide details or replacement build sheet with this boat. The very nice gentleman at Malibu recommended I come here in an attempt to solicit data. I have read some of the hull number breakdown, just looking for more details. I do not currently have pictures.  

State Registration/documents Labeled as 1992 Malibu Flightcraft 18' 240 HP, Hull number MB 2 6624 A 292.

Thank you for your time.

6 minutes ago, DoubleASD said:

Hello all, 

Spoke with Malibu this morning, and they informed me that they would be unable to provide details or replacement build sheet with this boat. The very nice gentleman at Malibu recommended I come here in an attempt to solicit data. I have read some of the hull number breakdown, just looking for more details. I do not currently have pictures.  

State Registration/documents Labeled as 1992 Malibu Flightcraft 18' 240 HP, Hull number MB 2 6624 A 292.

Thank you for your time.

I assume by the horsepower that you have an inboard with a Mercruiser engine.  What details are you looking for?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/_files/malibu/malibu_1990_1992_brochure.pdf

DoubleASD
32 minutes ago, justgary said:

I assume by the horsepower that you have an inboard with a Mercruiser engine.  What details are you looking for?

https://www.themalibucrew.com/_files/malibu/malibu_1990_1992_brochure.pdf

I was told by the owner that it is a "1 of 8 1992" special edition "Australian" Barefoot boat, with a Ford 351 motor. Wasn't sure if the hull number would confirm engine, package, and or accessories.

I'm sorry for lack of information, but its part of an estate and we are still looking through documentation for a build sheet/title. 

The 240HP in on the registration may/may not be accurate. 

8 hours ago, DoubleASD said:

I was told by the owner that it is a "1 of 8 1992" special edition "Australian" Barefoot boat, with a Ford 351 motor. Wasn't sure if the hull number would confirm engine, package, and or accessories.

I'm sorry for lack of information, but its part of an estate and we are still looking through documentation for a build sheet/title. 

The 240HP in on the registration may/may not be accurate. 

Please post a few photos, including the engine.