Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stevo’s 2022 F350 build

Stevo

loading a 5er on a 5.5" lift might be tight crossing undulating terrain (backcountry highways with narrow crown hillcrests), but the build looks pretty sick!

34 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

loading a 5er on a 5.5" lift might be tight crossing undulating terrain (backcountry highways with narrow crown hillcrests), but the build looks pretty sick!

Noted,

And a good reminder  to print out a new p-touch label of the new height of the truck and put it on the inside of the windshield so when the wife drives it she knows what parking garages to enter.

• Haha 2

Carli makes a great product.

As for the air bag dilemma (as long as the bags have an internal jounce), look up One Up Offroad airbag bypass T kit. It'll allow full deflation of the bags. Also, lower your tire pressure unless towing, you don't need full capacity.  

28 minutes ago, Jbcain said:

Carli makes a great product.

As for the air bag dilemma (as long as the bags have an internal jounce), look up One Up Offroad airbag bypass T kit. It'll allow full deflation of the bags. Also, lower your tire pressure unless towing, you don't need full capacity.  

I’m starting my onboard compressor / tank mounting build here currently and I’m incorporating the Firestone fill/drain switched solenoid with gage so i can fill on demand and monitor the levels from inside the cab.

it’s gonna be tight but I’m pretty sure I can get the compressor gage/switch and the airbag switch in the upper glove box location 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Stevo said:

I’m starting my onboard compressor / tank mounting build here currently and I’m incorporating the Firestone fill/drain switched solenoid with gage so i can fill on demand and monitor the levels from inside the cab.

it’s gonna be tight but I’m pretty sure I can get the compressor gage/switch and the airbag switch in the upper glove box location 

If the firestone is anything like the others, it will not allow less than 5psi.

Flush mounted Grill light bars are the rough country slim line LED kit, (2 packs of 2) 

https://www.roughcountry.com/10in-slim-led-light-bars-70410c.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgr6TBhAGEiwA3aVuIYuGxp6qqOibJ6ThcmOqzkhnb1etK5kR1XR0cij5bFPEw40LTy-y2RoC4WoQAvD_BwE#280=535&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpcs&utm_campaign=16710950085|135016692917&utm_content=590177301291&utm_term=|pla-293946777986|m||70410ABL

I fabricated / welded up some brackets for them to fit in this location. Made them out of some 304 stainless flat bar. Painted them black and mounted them to the grill so that they sit flush and are kind of hidden.

Wired to upfitter #1 I’ve only flipped them on a few times in the neighborhood at night and they are super bright, but I can’t wait to see how well they do in the backcountry

19857BB5-F9C3-4053-9C58-8BBE81EBAA48.jpeg

173C8002-396D-46F8-B4FB-B8B94200E664.jpeg

1AF61343-F6DA-4A49-A2E8-9BAC2F448B41.jpeg

FF2F45EF-2FF3-48EC-B8F2-A08A4E3DCB42.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3

@Stevo the truck looks great!  Love the stance, and I'm sure she's real big.  Great wheel choice, too.

Since I know my truck is supposed to be built this month, I'm starting to look at accessories.  I've been considering some lights like what you've installed here.  I'm interested to hear what you say in the backcountry.  I'm also interested in what you have to say about Carli once you have some miles on it.  

Almost done with the onboard air tank mount,

I ordered some .250 plate from OshCut on Wednesday and it delivered today, bent and ready for fabrication. 

im using some 2x4 steel tubing that I welded a face and weldnut onto the backside so I can bolt the bracket to them. The 2x4 tube slides perfectly in the frame crossmembers and are secured in place with a self tapping stainless screw.

1EA020A9-C565-4D0B-9D67-A975BAF9197A.jpeg

9255A592-8E95-4C8B-B096-97EECE8A7587.jpeg

92DE4624-C27F-448A-90F2-46A0B9806062.jpeg

EAAFB16C-D601-477A-A5FB-0EEF3BA79825.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
  • 1 month later...

Finally got the Torsion sway bar installed last week and I’ve put about 150 miles on it. I have to say there is a noticeable improvement difference in the handling of the truck with this addition. the cab roll side to side from speed bumps, driveway, parking lot terrain is mellowed significantly.