Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glitches in music when using Iphone with Bluetooth in the Command Center

Jeronimo

The music and quality of the music are superb, but randomly (between periods that might take minutes) I get glitches when hearing music, and the Iphone is always placed in the adjustable phone holder. Anyone with the same issue? I assume it is a software problem that is related to bluetooth. I have not tried using the USB pen drive yet.

I've experienced this as well with my 22mxz.  If try to connect the Andriod screen to my phone's wifi hotspot, music over bluetooth is basically unlistenable - really choppy.  If I don't do that bluetooth audio works ok but still have occasional glitch.  This should work perfectly given the cost of the boat and the fact that audio over bluetooth is a solved problem.  You can buy a Yaris and have this feature work fine.

• 3 months later...

Same issue with my 2022 Malibu m240.   It’s either a software issue or a bad Bluetooth receiver in the boat (maybe a supply chain issue for the 2022) as it worked perfectly in my 2018 m235 

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive the thread but didn't want to start another.  When you say software update (OTA) @RCorsa I assume you mean a software update to the Android small screen?  Do I just do that like I would an android phone or tabet?

TIA!

• 1 month later...

Anyone find any fixes for this? I did a full OTA update on my 2022 22LSV but still have the Bluetooth cutting in and out intermittently. Basically every 5-10 seconds it will cut out for .25-.5 seconds (sounds like a CD skipping basically). 

And how do you do an OTA for just the small Android screen? I did one for the full boat but can't find a separate one just for the Android system.

Also, on my main dash screen, I can't get the time correct, on the small secondary screen it is correct but it is an hour faster on the main dash screen. Any thoughts?

Having the same issue since I got the boat, 2022 M220.  They have replaced the main control module 2 times and it is still a problem.  Does anyone have a picture of where the Bluetooth antenna is located so I can check if it's loose or not. 

30 minutes ago, markdental said:

Having the same issue since I got the boat, 2022 M220.  They have replaced the main control module 2 times and it is still a problem.  Does anyone have a picture of where the Bluetooth antenna is located so I can check if it's loose or not. 

Its under the helm above the sub box.

Antenna is on the viper module.

3 hours ago, markdental said:

Do I need to remove anything to get to it?  

Take out the storage bin from behind the front lean back cushion, you should see it mounted in there.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else ever take a picture of the antenna...I have the same issue on M240 as well as my Rearview Camera just went black screen.