Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flipsell Toast?

mook222

I may have "missed the memo", but is Flipsell still in operation?

Flipsell

I've tried going to the site to peruse the boats there, but it keeps bouncing back as "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". I had not attempted to access the site for a while, but when I tried last week and now again this week I received the same error msg.

Anyone heard anything about Flipsell that I missed?

Note: I liked Flipsell because it was easy to browse and you could view a large selection of most brands all in the same place.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mook

Biggrin.gif

Edited by mook222
I may have "missed the memo", but is Flipsell still in operation?

Flipsell

I've tried going to the site to peruse the boats there, but it keeps bouncing back as "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". I had not attempted to access the site for a while, but when I tried last week and now again this week I received the same error msg.

Anyone heard anything about Flipsell that I missed?

Note: I liked Flipsell because it was easy to browse and you could view a large selection of most brands all in the same place.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mook

Biggrin.gif

It's been down for sometime, the new hot board is Onlyinboards.com

Thanks.

That site sucks.... Less than half of the VLX's I looked at had pictures.

Too bad, Flipsell was easy to search and seemed like a lot of sellers posted there. (and included pictures) I guess they needed more to post there, or more to sell, or more of a cut....

Back to Boattrader online I guess.

Appreciate the info though.

Mook

Thanks.

That site sucks.... Less than half of the VLX's I looked at had pictures.

Too bad, Flipsell was easy to search and seemed like a lot of sellers posted there. (and included pictures) I guess they needed more to post there, or more to sell, or more of a cut....

Back to Boattrader online I guess.

Appreciate the info though.

Mook

Careful there, its owned by a fellow crew member :)

Edited by jetskipro550
Less than half of the VLX's I looked at had pictures.
That's not the sites fault. That's the fault of the knuckleheads that post ads without pic's...and that happens all the time...even here.

Give the onlyinboards site some time, great sites don't just pop up over night. Even this awesome community took a little time to develop.

I guess I'll take that as constructive criticism :) Anyway, just to explain... a lot of the boats that are on the site are "pulled" from other sites like Boattrader and if you click on them chances are you will see images. But the preview image sometimes doesn't get pulled to our site. Hope that makes sense but the bottom line is, just click on one you are interested and most likely it will have pics. 99% of the boats listed on our site have pics, the ones that don't are generally pulled from other sites.

But, maybe you can help me out.... I'm always open to suggestion, besides the images, any other ways the site could be better and not "suck". NO worries, absolutely no offense taken. I just want to make it not suck!

Edited by wakereviews

Yep, can you do that though? I didn't see anywhere in my backend to do that. Also, i haven't given up on the WR site, it's being redesigned at theocshopper.com right now and when done i'll move it over. if you can change it, let me know how :)

Yep, can you do that though? I didn't see anywhere in my backend to do that. Also, i haven't given up on the WR site, it's being redesigned at theocshopper.com right now and when done i'll move it over. if you can change it, let me know how :)

Yeah, PM one of the Mods/Admins with the red under their avatar.

Just added my ride for sale on Only Inboards and it was very easy and I think it should be a great web site now and in the future. I think the only reason most liked Flipsell so much is because it was free to use and lots of people new about it! Give Only Inboards a little time.

Just added my ride for sale on Only Inboards and it was very easy and I think it should be a great web site now and in the future. I think the only reason most liked Flipsell so much is because it was free to use and lots of people new about it! Give Only Inboards a little time.

Thanks! I see that you paid but there are free listings on the site. There are paid premium listings taht come up first (and that do tend to get more clicks) and standard listings that are free. Just an FYI :) If you would rather have a free listing, PM me and I can refund you no problem.

Thanks! I see that you paid but there are free listings on the site. There are paid premium listings taht come up first (and that do tend to get more clicks) and standard listings that are free. Just an FYI :) If you would rather have a free listing, PM me and I can refund you no problem.

Nope I want as many clicks as possible don't mind paying a little money for a service like that! Thank you for the offer though. I did see the free listings and I forgot to mention that when I was replying to the thread sorry.

Screen name has been changed per request. :)

Ok cool. FYI, the boat is getting a decent amount of view and clicks so far, esp since it's only been on for a few hours.

JetSkiPro - got the SN changed! Thanks Malibudude!

We already pull from Craigslist.com. i will see if I can add the (city)boats4sale.com sites as well. Thanks for the feedback.

The image thing is something I can't seem to fix for ads pulled from boattraderonline.com. So to see images from boattrader, you have to click the ad. I'm working on trying to figure it out but it isn't looking good so far.

We've added a few new features though, mainly the "demo" boat section that has dealer demos listed. Any other suggestions are always welcomed!

thanks to everyone who's provided feedback, it really helps.

Ian