Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lift requirements for 2006 Malibu sportster

Rossbell

Hey guys, I purchased a 2006 Malibu Sportster.  What is the required height and distance apart from the bracket needed to keep the propeller from hitting the I beam?  

19 minutes ago, Rossbell said:

Hey guys, I purchased a 2006 Malibu Sportster.  What is the required height and distance apart from the bracket needed to keep the propeller from hitting the I beam?  

The prop cage on my trailer is only about 1/2" to 3/4".  I don't see any way for that to get smaller unless some other damage occurs first.

Follow bunks on trailer but you will need to measure from bunk/boat bottom to ground, then measure similar for prop/shaft then take those measurements to set up you bunk.. depending on lift style the rear cross beam may interfere with shaft.. most setups the shaft is extended past the rear boat lift carriage cross beam..

NEVER lift boat until you are under water looking/feeling that the carriage won't be lifting boat on shaft or fins etc.. have a friend or two help you get it setup or loacal boat lift guys

Edited by The Hulk