Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gauging the Market - Affordable Clamping Board Racks

erikj

Hi all, 

I'm working on manufacturing some clamping board racks that are more affordable then the ones on the market now.  The initial plan will be to offer bolt on replacements for g3, 3.5 and 4 swivel racks.  These racks will also come with vest and flag holders as well.  These are expensive to manufacture and I'm trying to gauge interest in a small batch run.  The prototype is turning out awesome!

DM me if you are interested and I can put you on the waiting list for this Summer.  

Thanks!

spacer.png

• Like 4
On 3/28/2022 at 1:33 PM, shawndoggy said:

How affordable is “affordable?”  What warranty will be offered, if any?

We will do a year warranty at minimum, still working on pricing, should have it in a couple weeks

18 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Would it fit an axis tower?

It should, will need to verify though, are they swivel mounts or fixed?

1 hour ago, erikj said:

It should, will need to verify though, are they swivel mounts or fixed?

are these arms that are attaching to factory racks, or a stand-alone rack?

Axis factory (and aftermarket) racks can be had in fixed and swiveling models

I'd be interested depending on price.  Would need to work with 2022 Axis A22 tower for me.  Currently have fixed racks in place, that bolt is using standard 4 hole pattern Axis has used for years.  

Edit: I see you are in Park City.  I am local in Salt Lake.  Could always see if they fit in person.

Edited by theloungelife
Added details
23 minutes ago, theloungelife said:

I'd be interested depending on price.  Would need to work with 2022 Axis A22 tower for me.  Currently have fixed racks in place, that bolt is using standard 4 hole pattern Axis has used for years.  

Edit: I see you are in Park City.  I am local in Salt Lake.  Could always see if they fit in person.

oh sweet, that would be amazing, only have my g3 tower to test them on now.

30 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

are these arms that are attaching to factory racks, or a stand-alone rack?

Axis factory (and aftermarket) racks can be had in fixed and swiveling models

ya the pic is a bit deceiving, these will mount to the existing racks for the first production run, I plan on doing adapters and swivels as well but just need to get through this first go

1 hour ago, erikj said:

ya the pic is a bit deceiving, these will mount to the existing racks for the first production run, I plan on doing adapters and swivels as well but just need to get through this first go

so this is similar to the skylon clamping rack upgrade?  https://www.wakemakers.com/skylon-skylock-locking-malibu-axis-board-rack.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw0a-SBhBkEiwApljU0loLVlljaQDUn5lKVCXNgwlypu-xScE88TyvuLR3PsHtYnJdOTs-DxoCtZUQAvD_BwE

• 1 year later...

Wow, this took forever, finally got the prototype up and running, such a beast!  I don't feel comfortable selling it yet without fully testing it for many days/weeks on the water but just wanted to post an update.

BTW, the anodizing didn't not take well so will offer powder coating or brushed aluminum for the production models.

spacer.png 

Edited by erikj
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, erikj said:

Wow, this took forever, finally got the prototype up and running, such a beast!  I don't feel comfortable selling it yet without fully testing it for many days/weeks on the water but just wanted to post an update.

BTW, the anodizing didn't not take well so will offer powder coating or brushed aluminum for the production models.

spacer.png 

Can't wait to see how it goes from here. 

32 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

Can't wait to see how it goes from here. 

Now it is just a matter of funding for manufacturing and getting orders after testing.