Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 A22 | Front bag draining while underway

scrupulous

Thinking of a few spring projects and one item that bothered me last year was the amount of water I was losing out of the front bag when getting on plane or even while riding.   Looked like it was coming out of both the vent and drain line.  I get that the angle of the boat may be forcing the water out but are there fixes out there for this?  

There is a one way check valve on the bow ballast fill hose to prevent water in the bag from siphoning out through the fill pump.  Make sure it is working correctly and facing the right direction.  The drain pump hose should already be high enough to prevent water from siphoning out of the starboard drain fitting, but make sure there are no leaks on the drain pump hoses or fittings that could allow water from the bag to drain into the bilge.

Yes, I had this same issue with my A22.  Mind did not come with a check valve on the fill line.  I purchase one from Wakemakers and installed it and it fixed any drainage.  

• 2 months later...